Altitude Profile tool enhancement

bobw75087

Reaction score
As it stands, the Altitude Profile tool is excellent...it helps one visually understand where terrain or Class airspace may impact the flight. The issue is readability.
I've just completed two 1000nm trips, one hand-planned and one using RealPlan. When I go to the Alt profile display, the data is so compressed that it is difficult to impossible to really use.
I'd request that the tool use a 'standard,' i.e. allocate 1" or x pixels width for each 100nm, and either be (a) horizontally scrollable or (b) magnifiable or (c) convert to Landscape mode automatically. Or any combination of the above to make it easier to read and use.

Please upvote this if you agree. Thanks!

Up-voted. Larger display option would be nice OR if clicking on it might open another split screen to display it completely across the screen. Within that split, it would be nice to zoom in or out and also pan it left and right.

You guys have tried resizing the instrument to its larger size already?

But I like Gatormyk's split screen option too. Upvoted.

You guys have tried resizing the instrument to its larger size already?

But I like Gatormyk's split screen option too. Upvoted.
Yes... the largest size is better, but I kinda like the size where it is tucked nicely between the two sets of buttons along the bottom so it doesn't block more of the moving map. I totally forgot about this, but if you tap the small instrument, it does make a much larger pop-out window of the profile where u can zoom in and out and then close the window. After playing around with this, we may not need another feature unless users might like to see it as a split screen (similar to EFIS) or an ability to scroll left and right in that screen.

I was trying to figure out if the OP realized the instrument already has the "tap to expand" functionality, and if that would satisfy his request.

OP clarifying: I'm not talking about the tiny "instrument" version of this as much as I am the profile that you get from "Flight plan, Altitudes" selection. There is no tap to expand there; just tried it. So the 1000 mile plan is stuck at the same size as the 50 mile plan, for example. That's where I'd really like to see it better -- airspaces, terrain, etc.

OK, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I agree this would be a useful improvement...upvoted.

Back