iFly EFB for Windows?

MadMerlin

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Could you provide your best estimate for when iFly EFB will be available for Windows? I am very excited to try it on my Surface Go tablet. The download page only shows the iFly GPS as the download for Windows.

WooHoo!!! I was afraid you might leave me high and dry... I can't wait to give it a try... :D

Thank you guys... You're the best! (y)

You can install iFlyGPS on your Surface Go right now to try things out. The only major difference between the two versions right now is the Weight & Balance feature and some other minor improvements in the EFB version.

I use iFlyGPS on a SurfaceDock then share the flight plans to my phone and tablet before heading out to the plane.

Tony

If you're running Windows 11, you might also consider installing the Android version of iFly EFB to your Windows machine.

Note: This method is not officially supported by Adventure Pilot, and if you run into trouble you can't expect them to help you. I had good results doing this, but different computers, different Windows versions, different versions of the "Windows for Android Subsystem", or different versions of iFly EFB may have better results than others. It's also not as simple as downloading a zip or exe file and clicking a few buttons to install. But if you're interested, do an Internet search on "how to sideload android apps on windows 11" and give it a shot.

For what it's worth, I tried this option out of curiosity some months ago and got v11.1.25 to work very well--it felt as snappy and responsive as the native Windows version, to me. I haven't tried it with the current version, but would expect similar results on my machine.

Your mileage may vary.

Theoretically, yes. But we have not had much application to use the serial out from a windows device, and I'm not aware of any customers currently doing that. I look forward to hearing how well this works for you.

We've tested and confirmed the code works, and I expect it will work for you. But Windows is tricky in that the combination of possible hardware and OS versions make exhaustive testing of a hardware specific feature difficult. And it's not something many people fly with, it's typically used for planning at home and syncing to a device. If you have any issues let us know.

FYI, iFly EFB 12.1.3 has now been released to Beta Testers. If you are a Beta Tester and logged, in, you'll see it here:

https://www.iflyefb.com/WindowsDownload

Non-Beta Testers will see it appear on this linked within about a month, after it's made it past Beta into production.

Back