iFlyEFB for MacOS

Solution
Brian and others,
If I may add to this, the newest Mac set (M1 series or newer) can (unofficially) support iFly EFB. I believe this to be due to Apple's move to ARM based architecture. You can find the app in the Mac's app store. I actually have iFly EFB on my new Macbook Pro 14", but I haven't tested it much.
No, sorry. iFly EFB is supported on the Android, iOS, and Windows platforms, but not MacOS.

Just to note: iFly EFB is written on a very portable platform which can be deployed to MacOS (with 98% code re-use). But for developers (not users), Apple is difficult to work with, and publishing to MacOS is non-trivial. Getting the first release out might take us a few-man-months, and then moving forward, an extra few hours per release.

The first hurdle, "few man months", doesn't currently have a business case to drive this. If we gained 100+ new users as a result of adding MacOS support, that would be the approximate gain required to provide a compelling business case to add this support.

If you are motivated, you can add a "Feature Request" to that forum called "MacOS Support", and see how many upvotes this idea gets, for us to approximate the perceived gain behind it all.

Brian and others,
If I may add to this, the newest Mac set (M1 series or newer) can (unofficially) support iFly EFB. I believe this to be due to Apple's move to ARM based architecture. You can find the app in the Mac's app store. I actually have iFly EFB on my new Macbook Pro 14", but I haven't tested it much.

Solution
There are a few things that don’t run correctly. Not because of the emulation, but because of hardware inconsistency. Ex, no gps to provide location services. There is a work around, but requires an iPhone

Chad,
Yeah, very true. Could be said for desktop based Windows machines. But, users like to use a desktop experience for flight planning and then pass it over to the other devices. So, maybe now we have an avenue for Mac to do the same!

Back