Trip planning

coastie1331

Reaction score
I am running a Samsung tablet, and the latest IFly EFB software on windows 10. I was trying to plan a trip from KRYN to Corpus Cristy, Texas. I went to the flight planner page got that set up and within a few seconds I had my route with furl stops. My problem was it would take me through Mexico, with my first fuel stop in Mexico. I tried it a few times and it did it every time. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Thanks!

Solution
Currently, no - Real Plan doesn't pay attention to international borders. Great question though. The solution would be to manually pick your fuel stop, then run real-plan - it won't change your stops.
Currently, no - Real Plan doesn't pay attention to international borders. Great question though. The solution would be to manually pick your fuel stop, then run real-plan - it won't change your stops.

Solution
I think the only way to stop it from happening is to put in a waypoint a bit farther north and east that will make the Realplan function plot a course that stays in the US. I set up your route and added Dell City Municipal (2E5) as a waypoint between KRYN and KCRP and it kept all of the fuel stops and routing in the US. If you don't want to stop at Dell City you can set it is a flyover waypoint or drag it away from the airport.

Tony

Back