Add missing ADSB-in Weather information

Cobra

Administrator
Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
I can't find an "official" FAA press release (maybe because it was 5(!!) years ago), but way back in 2018, the FAA added several products to the ADSB-in weather data that iFly (still!) doesn't support. Here are some contemporary pages that talk about the new additions:

Here are a couple of stories (from years ago!) about how the new products were implemented in some of iFly's competition:

The products mentioned there that I can't find in iFly are:
  • Icing forecast
  • Cloud tops
  • Turbulence
  • Graphical AIRMETs
  • Center Weather Advisories
I think it's probably about time iFly added support for these products. Anyone else agree? Click the up-arrow to the right ---->
(Or below, if you're using a mobile device to browse the forum.)

Last edited:
Cloud tops would be useful here along the coast since many times we have a marine layer to punch through.

Agree. iFly EFB should definitely match the competition (at least) in this area.

Ongoing, I think whatever comes along from the FAA in ADS-B improvements should get placed into new releases as soon as practical. EFB is our information portal when we're flying. Whatever realtime factual data it can provide it should.

I upvoted this back when it was initially posted. I'd like to add that if it is at all possible, these ADSB features should be added to the legacy 7XX devices. After all, these devices were in use when ADSB was adopted, and the implication was (at least to me) that iFly would support ALL ADSB features.

Back