Add Upper/Lower Altitude to Airspaces in Vector View

boisecrawfords

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
I prefer the vector view because it is easier to read, however I don't like that airspaces to do not show their altitudes like in the VFR view. For example, when I fly around Seattle/Tacoma I can see their airspace in vector view, but without altitudes it makes it unusable as I don't know if I will be in them.

Screenshot_20240129-102740.png

You can tap on any airspace and get more details, including the applicable altitudes. Does that address your concern?

My thought is that when I am flying around an airspace like this with about 17 different altitude airspaces, it would be nice to just be able to look at it. That would be a lot of clicking as I fly around the south side of it.

In FF it is cool that it dynamically pushes alerts based on current altitude if you are going to enter or are on ascent/descent rate to enter one; new to iFly so not sure if it has this.

The thought is so that it would be quick and easy when glancing at the map to see if my altitude will cause an issue (my flights are always VFR).

My thought is that when I am flying around an airspace like this with about 17 different altitude airspaces, it would be nice to just be able to look at it. That would be a lot of clicking as I fly around the south side of it.
Then another option is to temporarily change the map to the Sectional view, which as you mentioned does have that data available at a glance, and then go back to Vector mode when those data are no longer important.

The thought is so that it would be quick and easy when glancing at the map to see if my altitude will cause an issue (my flights are always VFR)
The problem is, Vector mode exists to minimize the clutter, and every user has a different opinion of what data would be useful to see "at a glance". Accommodating every request would probably result in something that looks like...an FAA Sectional chart. But you've done the right thing in posting it here, where other folks can vote it up or down and AP can assess how popular the idea is.

In FF it is cool that it dynamically pushes alerts based on current altitude if you are going to enter or are on ascent/descent rate to enter one; new to iFly so not sure if it has this.
The iFly manual might be helpful for questions like this. It's on the iflyefb.com Support page, here: https://www.iflyefb.com/Support/Get-Help

A direct link to the manual is: https://www.iflyefb.com/pilotsguide

For this specific question, this is probably the info you're looking for:
1706570145346.png

Great feedback, thanks! Yes, I get what you mean about features of the vector view and each person has their own desires. Maybe at some point in the future this will be a selectable list like what I have on my Avidyne IFD440, where I can determine which items show up at which filter level.

And the tips on airspace alerts is exactly what I needed, thanks! That will satisfy any current need. And in reality if I do proper flight planning then I'll know all these airspaces and required altitudes before I ever leave the ground, and the alerts will help me if I get off course.

Back