ADSB: Android/740 Differences?

RogerE

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
I expect iFlyEFB to fully support all ADSB transmitted Info.

1. What are the current in-flight ADSB differences (map and/or text) between the original 740 and Android iFlyEFB 12.1.0?

2. What are the current ADSB differences (map and/or text) between the original 740 and Android 12.1.0 when connected to internet?

3. What ADSB info, including NOTAMS/TFRs, are not yet supported in each of these platforms?

The reason I want this update is that I'm considering going to an android tablet for in-flight use.

Solution
In terms of ADSB I believe the functionality is the same. The only ADSB data type that is not yet supported is cloud tops, but this is coming to the Android version (no date yet). Also the Android version will be much faster, and will have features such as Real Plan, full screen Synthetic Vision, Weight and Balance, and more.
In terms of ADSB I believe the functionality is the same. The only ADSB data type that is not yet supported is cloud tops, but this is coming to the Android version (no date yet). Also the Android version will be much faster, and will have features such as Real Plan, full screen Synthetic Vision, Weight and Balance, and more.

Solution
Walt, please add NMEA or serial out to that
list for Android on the EFB. Thanks.
We are trying to get a working Bluetooth to serial output device that way you can get NMEA data from iFlyEFB to an autopilot. I don't have a timeline for this, but it is something to expect in the future. As for now, the only devices that can do this with iFlyEFB are the iLevil 3 AW and SW. However, we do recognize this isn't an ideal solution unless you already own one of these devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaydon, I see a number of Bluetooth to Rs232 devices on "Amaz" this I believe would serve on the autopilot end to receive your EFB Bluetooth signal and output the desired sentence. Prices range from $15 to $100. The DSD model looks good to me in the clear box. Looks to power with 5v . When you get to the point of testing let me know and I'll get one of these and wire into my autopilot for testing.

Attachments

• 20230608_150812.jpg
    20230608_150812.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

I have not yet flown with any android version of iFly, but on the 740, I don't think I've ever seen these ADSB layers supported:
*TURBULENCE forecasts for various altitudes (other than in sigmets/airmets);
*PIREPS;
*FDC-NOTAMS; (I've seen TFRs, but never special use airspace activity status); and,
*LIGHTNING STRIKE INTENSITY.
Are these layers displayed?

I have not yet flown with any android version of iFly, but on the 740, I don't think I've ever seen these ADSB layers supported:
*TURBULENCE forecasts for various altitudes (other than in sigmets/airmets);
*PIREPS;
*FDC-NOTAMS; (I've seen TFRs, but never special use airspace activity status); and,
*LIGHTNING STRIKE INTENSITY.
Are these layers displayed?
The list I have of unsupported ADSB Wx products is:
  • Icing forecast
  • Cloud tops
  • Turbulence
  • Graphical AIRMETs
  • Center Weather Advisories
See post here (and upvote the top post if you haven't already): https://adventurepilot.community.forum/threads/add-missing-adsb-in-weather-information.77/

Back