Airmet/Sigmet removes SUA rendering in Vector Map mode

N2715D

Reaction score
Activating display of Airmet/Sigmet in Vector Map mode causes SUAs to disappear from the map.

Yes, and in VFR mode, too. Also, the Washington DC TFR/FDC loses its background color when an AIRMET covers it--but the border ring around it remains. I'd call this a bug.

The SUA is visible (barely) when the area is overlaid with NEXRAD radar--so it seems to be only AIRMET/SIGMET that makes them disappear.

Last edited:
I submitted a screenshot bug report just now and credited you; but you might want to submit a bug report, yourelf.

not sure how to report a bug. The menu option appears to send a log file, but i don’t see any prompt for description the bug.

not sure how to report a bug. The menu option appears to send a log file, but i don’t see any prompt for description the bug.
You select a log--usually just use the default--and then it opens in an email message with the Subject "Bug Report for...". There's room a few lines down for you to write a report--below "Here is a description of my bug report..."

The log file begins just below that space. I usually give my name below my report and copy it to keep in case something goes wrong.
also, if you make a screenshot, you should see something like "Would you like to submit a bug report...?" If you answer yes, it will automatically send the screenshot to AP. Again, I'd add my name and copy the report, just in case.

Last edited:
Don is talking about an Apple-specific method, which sends different information to Adventure Pilot than the bug reporting from inside iFly.

If you're sending a bug report from inside iFly, it just creates an email with log info attached and also embedded in the email itself. You can type anything you want into the body of the email, either at the top or the bottom. (You can even paste in screenshots or whatever you want.)

Detailed information on how to submit a bug report is in a post at the top of this forum. Here's a direct link: https://adventurepilot.community.fo...a-bug-report-from-within-the-ifly-efb-app.26/

Thanks, Cobra. I don't know why I suddenly went blind and thought N2715D had said "iPad"--maybe because I was reading his post on my own iPad. Anyway, "Never assume" caught me again.

About those screenshot bug reports that Apple provides (and no doubt hopes beta testers will use because they also go to Apple): I found out the hard way last year that AP was not declining them but wasn't aware they were available and therefore wasn't using them. Then when I finally wised up and mentioned them to AP they started declining the service, which made the screenshot bug report report service unavailable to me and other iFly beta testers. Finally--I hope it's final!--after the first incarnation of EFB failed, AP started NOT declining the screenshot bug report service and I hope started actually looking at them. I may not have that story quite right in the details about AP; but the essence is that when an iOS or iPadOS beta tester taps "Done" after making a screenshot, Apple will query whether the tester wishes to submit it as a bug report. I think that query only happens if the developer has allowed it. But I still don't know whether AP actually USES screenshot bug reports, or not. So now I usually copy whatever I write in a report and keep it in a log, along with copies of my internal iFly bug reports.

And I'd recommend that all beta testers keep copies of their reports.

Back