Altitude Alert

tset

Reaction score
Hello, is there any reason that there is not an altitude alert function? Approaching the target altitude, deviating from target altitude, etc.

Regards

Hm. Well, there is "Vertical Speed to Target Settings ..." (in Menu > Setup > Alerts and Warnings). That might work for you--but I agree that isn't the same as setting a bug. I don't know of anything like that in iFly. I'm not sure what "target" refers to, either. You might post a request in the Feature Requests forum, and I'll be happy to second it.

Hm. Well, there is "Vertical Speed to Target Settings ..." (in Menu > Setup > Alerts and Warnings). That might work for you--but I agree that isn't the same as setting a bug. I don't know of anything like that in iFly. I'm not sure what "target" refers to, either. You might post a request in the Feature Requests forum, and I'll be happy to second it.
It looks like the "Target" altitude comes for the Altitude planning screen in the flight plan. Easiest way to see it is to add the Target Alt instrument, go in to flight plan, altitude planning then select show on map so you can see the way point and move it up or down with the +/- dialog box. Once you hit OK it shows the "target" altitude you just set for that waypoint. But no alarm associated that I can see. I do use the Pattern Arrival distance alarm feature with it set for 3 miles. I'm pretty sure that triggers the VST to Target alarm.

Maybe a new feature would be an Altitude Bug instrument where we could tap in the desired altitude with an associated alarm with a user set +/- range.

Tony

+1 for altitude deviation alert. Be nice to set a bug temporarily to independent of planned altitudes - I know you can click on target altitude and ‘snap to current’, but that then seems to update the target altitudes on flight plan.

Back