Disable AH popup window

Reaction score
Is there an option to permanently disable the AH popup window when connected to an ADS-B that has no AHRS?
I disabled both the AHRS alerts but the window is still there, which blocks 1/2 the map display and cannot be closed by any other means.

Any chance you can post a photo of what you're seeing? It's not clear to me what popup display you mean.

Do you mean the EFIS display (that's the only thing I know of that takes up half the screen, but it doesn't "pop up" and I wouldn't call it an artificial horizon, so I'm not sure that's what you mean)? Do you mean the actual Artificial Horizon instrument that pops up when attitude gets squirrelly, but then hides again when it settles back down? (That instrument is typically smaller and doesn't take up half the map screen, so again I'm not sure that what you're talking about.) Do you mean something else?

In any case, the answer to your question is almost certainly, "Yes." We just need to understand what you're seeing in order to help you get to the settings to inhibit it.

Sigh. Nevermind. Classic case of "cannot reproduce the problem when I need to show evidence of a problem."

The first time it happened, I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to disable the window.
Now, I just went back out to the hangar to get a picture and the popup is removed when I disable the AHRS alerts, so I cannot repeat the scenario. I also now see an additional option about recalibrating to level under AHRS alerts, so maybe something got updated or changed, I don't know.

For reference, the attached pic shows the window I am talking about. It is the "Artificial Horizon" popup that is triggered by an AHRS alert.

Attachments

• ifly_ah_popup.jpg
    ifly_ah_popup.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Sigh. Nevermind. Classic case of "cannot reproduce the problem when I need to show evidence of a problem."
For reference, the attached pic shows the window I am talking about. It is the "Artificial Horizon" popup that is triggered by an AHRS alert.
Okay. Not sure if you're in good shape or not now, but in case you need it, that popup can be disabled by:
Menu > Setup > Alerts and Warnings > AHRS Alerts > Pitch(Roll) Threshold > DISABLED

(I.e., set both Pitch and Roll thresholds for the alert to be DISABLED, and the popup will not appear.)

Back