Feature: Add 30NM radius Airspace on Vector Mode for ADSB

TSchnell

Staff member
Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Description: Add a 30nm ring airspace around airports on vector mode for ADS-B airspaces.
Up/Down vote on the right side

I suppose, but in most cases that line is pretty closely aligned to the Class B etc airspace definition lines. Most of the ADS B-less pilots I know give that, and all other classes of airspace a wide berth.

Take a look at SeaTac. The Bravo airspace varies greatly from the Mode C veil. This feature would be very helpful here.

Take a look at SeaTac. The Bravo airspace varies greatly from the Mode C veil. This feature would be very helpful here.
The 740 doesn't show the mode C veil in Vector mode, either. It's REALLY needed!

Yeah, that one is something else. I see your point, and totally agree; if it shows on the VFR chart, as does Class B line, then it should show on Vector, as does the Class B line. Should be a no brainer.

If you read the iFly Newsletter just released, there may be a 'hint' this is already a done deal....a graphic of McKinney airport w a 30-nm "veil" around it in what looks like vector mode. :) Yay!

Back