Import Checklists

Jimmy

Reaction score
New checklist feature looks great so far.

Feature request:
Would it be possible to create our own checklist via CSV, XML, or some other text format?

Manually typing it in directly on the EFB can get tedious and it would be easier if we could type it up on the computer and import it in.

You took the words or of my mouth. It would be great to be able to create a checklist and upload it via xml which was a little tedious without being able to copy/paste from my checklist on Word

Jimmy: there has been some discussion about this with Brian, one of the developers. It's good to have a formal request though.

HarryStar: click the up-arrow to the right of Jimmy's original post to register an "upvote" for this request..

Along with xml import/export, the ability to "copy" sections from one to another. For example, creating a checklist for both the left and right side of the aircraft, it would be nice to "copy" the left to the right and then paste it in to the right side. You could then reorder the other side

Last edited:

Feature request:
Would it be possible to create our own checklist via CSV, XML, or some other text format?

Manually typing it in directly on the EFB can get tedious and it would be easier if we could type it up on the computer and import it in.
I like the Checklist feature very much BUT,BUT,BUT...manually entering the information IS very a painful process because the current interface does not support copy/paste or duplicate or clone or automatic spell correction; it took over 4hrs to build a "routine" checklist.🥵 Also, there needs to be a method to export & import checklists to/from for different users. I'm in a group that flies the same plane but we each have our own iFly subscription, we need a way for us to share checklists, etc. to eliminate the duplication of effort.
PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS ENHANCEMENT!🚀

I like the Checklist feature very much BUT,BUT,BUT...manually entering the information IS very a painful process because the current interface does not support copy/paste or duplicate or clone or automatic spell correction; it took over 4hrs to build a "routine" checklist.🥵 Also, there needs to be a method to export & import checklists to/from for different users. I'm in a group that flies the same plane but we each have our own iFly subscription, we need a way for us to share checklists, etc. to eliminate the duplication of effort.
PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS ENHANCEMENT!🚀
Go vote above in the first item in this thread, it's the same request and there's 9 votes already

Upvoted, but I for one know nothing of 'xml' files. There is a really cool program/app called (of course) Aviation Checklists by MaxBTools. Has a number of pre-populated checklists for the most common aircraft which are easily editable in the app (which is based on WORD)...AND it exports the checklists in native WORD format, in case youwant to do edits or additions in that program. I run it on the phone and on a the same tablet I use for iFLY EFB. Works great. Check it out. Hopefully our iFLY developers will too!! And it is FREE!

Upvoted, but I for one know nothing of 'xml' files. There is a really cool program/app called (of course) Aviation Checklists by MaxBTools. Has a number of pre-populated checklists for the most common aircraft which are easily editable in the app (which is based on WORD)...AND it exports the checklists in native WORD format, in case youwant to do edits or additions in that program. I run it on the phone and on a the same tablet I use for iFLY EFB. Works great. Check it out. Hopefully our iFLY developers will too!! And it is FREE!
An XML file is really just a way to organize data in a readable format.

An example of an XML file would like similar to this:

<Checklist>
<Name>1234F Checklist</Name>
<Section>
<Cabin>
<1>POH included </1>
<2>Remove Gust Lock</2>
</Cabin>
<LeftWing>
</Section>
</Checklist>

Most editors and programs such as Excel have this built in.

An XML file is really just a way to organize data in a readable format.

An example of an XML file would like similar to this:

<Checklist>
<Name>1234F Checklist</Name>
<Section>
<Cabin>
<1>POH included </1>
<2>Remove Gust Lock</2>
</Cabin>
<LeftWing>
</Section>
</Checklist>

Most editors and programs such as Excel have this built in.
Too complicated w typing all those special characters, etc. Sticking w the easy freebie! But thanks for the schooling :)

Too complicated w typing all those special characters, etc. Sticking w the easy freebie! But thanks for the schooling :)
Well you wouldn't type it out, it would be done automatically by software like Word or excel.

And thanks, I downloaded the freebie prog

I am pulling out my hair trying to make checklist. It’s great that I can copy a whole checklist and rename it and try to edit. When it’s different airplane that’s a lot of different things to edit. Is there any sort of copy and paste function within the checklist feature or is it all manual? For instance, I’m trying to copy items from another parent directories under a certain checklist into A new parent directories within the same checklist and it just does not allow it. Am I missing something?

I'll concur - the checklist feature itself is great, however as I (mis?)understand things this is basically unusable currently. I just don't have the patience or motivation to devote the time needed to enter and maintain the multiple checklists for my 182 across multiple devices. Especially as a student pilot where they are still regularly changing and evolving (and perhaps always will be). Manually entering dozens of entries using the slow on screen keyboard (compared to typing on a computer keyboard) and then having to duplicate the work every time something changes is a non starter. Currently I have spreadsheets for this data and just print out old fashioned hard copies. It would be easier, nicer and much more convenient to be able to do it in the app but not with the current setup, that's just torture.

To me, what would make this usable is:
  • Be able to import from a file - json, , yaml, csv, plain text, xml (yuck, too verbose but better than nothing), etc
  • Be able to sync across multiple devices (although if the above were implemented that really wouldn't be an issue)

Along with xml import/export, the ability to "copy" sections from one to another. For example, creating a checklist for both the left and right side of the aircraft, it would be nice to "copy" the left to the right and then paste it in to the right side. You could then reorder the other side
I like this idea. I fly 3 Pipers. Cherokee, Archer and Dakota. All emergency procedures are essentially the same. How handy would it be to copy those sections and import to the other two planes. Took me most of Monday Night Football to create them for one of the planes

Feature request:

Importing sections would be great. Only have to do emergency procedures for one of the three different Pipers I fly and import those procs into the rest.

Back