Maintain an up-to-date Pilot's Guide for iFly EFB

Cobra

Administrator
Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
This is not a software feature request, but rather a supporting documentation request:

Please maintain an up-to-date Pilot's Guide for iFly EFB.

Ideally, an up-to-date PG would be released at the same time a new EFB software version is pushed to production. When people realize there's a new version with new features, they could go look at the new PG to get details on how to use the new features.

I think it's been a pretty long time since there's been serious attention paid to the Pilot's Guide. The current link to the manual on the iFlyEFB Support Page reads "iFly GPS / iFly EFB Pilots Guide", for instance, but the cover page says "Version 11.0" and it does not cover the W&B feature that was initially the main difference between v12 (first version of EFB) and v11 (last version of GPS).

(See also Hook's suggestion for regular emails: "Send out a regular (quarterly?) "Here's What's New In iFly" email to all users.)

Last edited:
This is not a software feature request, but rather a supporting documentation request:

Please maintain an up-to-date Pilot's Guide for iFly EFB.

Ideally, an up-to-date PG would be released at the same time a new EFB software version is pushed to production. When people realize there's a new version with new features, they could go look at the new PG to get details on how to use the new features.

I think it's been a pretty long time since there's been serious attention paid to the Pilot's Guide. The current link to the manual on the iFlyEFB Support Page reads "iFly GPS / iFly EFB Pilots Guide", for instance, but the cover page says "Version 11.0" and it does not cover the W&B feature that was initially the main difference between v12 (first version of EFB) and v11 (last version of GPS).

(See also Hook's suggestion for regular emails: "Send out a regular (quarterly?) "Here's What's New In iFly" email to all users.)
Not only keep it up to date but put it into the EFB program so we have it with us. I'd recommend it be able to be brought up by a keystroke when in an item it goes right to that part of the guide.

Back