Map NOTAMS

RogerE

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Ideally, all NOTAMS should be mapped. In my area, I recently learned that Foreflight maps parachute jumping notams. These are easily missed when only provided textually, especially when tied to a center notam instead of an airport.

All NOTAMs? Including unlit obstacles and birds and wildlife around airports? Not bashing your request, but perhaps a little refinement may be in order. I know that reading the NOTAMs is a pain, but it is part of the job of being a pilot.

Perhaps they could have a checklist of possible NOTAM items we want mapped, or otherwise highlighted. Birds and wildlife seem to have become a CYA NOTAM. They leave it on 24/7/365 whether or not there is unusual or increased wildlife activity. Unlit towers would likely be of interest if you are on a night XC under an overcast.

However it does seem there needs to be a limit, and many categories could be coded. If all the NOTAM's of some airports were mapped, the airport would likely be completely obscured no matter the zoom level.

NOTAMS on the IFR Plates would be awesome. Not sure how Foreflight identifies that.

NOTAMS on the IFR Plates would be awesome. Not sure how Foreflight identifies that.
NOTAMS will pop-up when looking at an airport in a flightplan. I was out yesterday, and my buddy had foreflight.... I had iFly. We were looking at our next airport, and at the top, there was a red NOTAM button. What came up was important. The missed approach for the ILS changed because of a VOR outage. It said an appropriate GPS was needed, and the altitude for the hold was 1500' higher. (Hills) WIth that said, I looked in the airport info tab, and opened my NOTAMS, and I found it. It would be very nice if there was a warning, or pop-up like that in iFly.

Back