Measure Tool not working?

blw

Reaction score
I'm in a trial with your EFB, running on android currently
watching the tutorials
specifically this on
I am clicking in many places on the map, airports and other places, and this tool is not coming up anyplace that I have found

I have stumbled across a range ring that centers on current location, but I so far have not figured out how to reliably get it to come up or really how to best use that one.

Has the tool in this video been replaced with a different feature?

BLW - welcome to the iFly family! I wonder if you're asking about two features in your post?

Range rings are configured to show in the setup menu, select Menu (bottom left button), select Setup, select Map Settings, select Dist/Glide Rings, choose and option Hidden/Dynamic/Fixed - and while you're there choose to use ETE on Dynamic Ring and then configure the Glide Rings.

As far as using the Measure Tool, took the screen using two fingers and hold for about a second. That should bring up the measure tool. You can then move the points around by touching and dragging.

Hope this helps

The video you linked to explains two ways to use the "measure distance" tool, one of which was explained by Mark above (touch two fingers and hold until the measure stick appears). The other way (which works on all devices, but is the only method that works on devices without a touchscreen, like a Windows machine without a touchscreen display) is to tap or click anywhere on a part of the map with no special meaning (not an airport, not a TFR, not a special use airspace, etc....just "plain vanilla" terrain) to get a QuickView box to pop up. From there, tap "More Options", then "Measure distance from..." to enable the distance measurement tool. Once that tool appears, you can click (or tap-hold) and drag either endpoint to move it around to whatever points you want to measure between.

To use the Dynamic Range Ring after you set it up per Mark's instructions above, just tap-hold and drag the map to pan it around. Target crosshairs will appear in the middle of the screen, and a cyan distance ring will appear, centered on your ownship location and passing through the crosshairs. Move the map to place the crosshairs on your target point, and read the distance and time to that point in the box just below the crosshairs.

Back