Need a quick tutorial video

Reaction score
So I just read a cool Article on Air Facts (https://airfactsjournal.com/2023/05...le-aviation-museum-directory/#comment-2378726) where the author compiled a list of all Aircraft Museums in the country and then gave instructions on how to view the Waypoints in Google Maps. I went one step further and discovered that iFlyEFB users can easily import all these waypoints into iFly with about 5 mouse clicks. Way easier than Flore**ight. - Just follow the instructions in the article to view the waypoints in Google Maps, Download the KML file from Google Maps. Then save the KML file in the #_iFlyGPS_Data/user/CustomWaypoints/Import folder. Then in the app, go to Map Mode and click on the Settings "Cog wheel" next to Waypoints and click the "Import" button. It's super simple. Now you have all the waypoints for the entire US.

Thank you iFlyEFB for a great resource!
Chris

That's really cool! I had seen that same story, but didn't bother trying to import the waypoints because it only talked about how to do that for FF. Thanks for the info!

Now, if someone could come up with a way to do that for on-field restaurants, and keep that info up to date.... 😁

Now, if someone could come up with a way to do that for on-field restaurants, and keep that info up to date....
That's the feature we really need!

I know of a couple of airports that have restaurants on site or within a 5 minute walk, but a list of all the places I could go for a $100 hamburger within a certain radius of my home airport would be a neat feature in Real Plan. The "Real Meal Plan".

Sounds like a task for one of the new AI tools to do. "Find and list restaurants within a 5 minute walk of all Class D and un-towered airports in the US."

Tony

That's the feature we really need!

I know of a couple of airports that have restaurants on site or within a 5 minute walk, but a list of all the places I could go for a $100 hamburger within a certain radius of my home airport would be a neat feature in Real Plan. The "Real Meal Plan".

Sounds like a task for one of the new AI tools to do. "Find and list restaurants within a 5 minute walk of all Class D and un-towered airports in the US."

Tony
Our "Community Feature" where v1 of it is targeted for Oshkosh (end of July) aims to do this... integrate with a shared database of airport/FBO/restaurant/attractions, as well as allow you to rate/comment.... and then of course, for RP and flight planning/searching - we plan to integrate this as well (Find "attraction type X" - "less than X miles from me (or from my current route").

We're going to put the "Adventure" back into Adventure Pilot.

So I just read a cool Article on Air Facts (https://airfactsjournal.com/2023/05...le-aviation-museum-directory/#comment-2378726) where the author compiled a list of all Aircraft Museums in the country and then gave instructions on how to view the Waypoints in Google Maps. I went one step further and discovered that iFlyEFB users can easily import all these waypoints into iFly with about 5 mouse clicks. Way easier than Flore**ight. - Just follow the instructions in the article to view the waypoints in Google Maps, Download the KML file from Google Maps. Then save the KML file in the #_iFlyGPS_Data/user/CustomWaypoints/Import folder. Then in the app, go to Map Mode and click on the Settings "Cog wheel" next to Waypoints and click the "Import" button. It's super simple. Now you have all the waypoints for the entire US.

Chris
Well done, Bumble Bee! Do you know of a way to make it work on iOS devices? Is it possible to access iFly's file system on iPhones or iPads? Can Androids do that?

Well done, Bumble Bee! Do you know of a way to make it work on iOS devices? Is it possible to access iFly's file system on iPhones or iPads? Can Androids do that?
I'm sorry, I'm not an Apple Guy. But if you have iFly on a Windows Computer, you can follow my instructions above and then Sync your iFly devices from Windows to your iPad. Making sure you have the Waypoints box checked.

I'm sorry, I'm not an Apple Guy. But if you have iFly on a Windows Computer, you can follow my instructions above and then Sync your iFly devices from Windows to your iPad. Making sure you have the Waypoints box checked.
Double-good job! I hadn't thought about syncing--never occurred to me (because it has never worked consistently for me). It should work with the 740, too, which also has accessible files.

Is your "Bumble Bee" for the gyroplane?

Chris
That article was a bit dated of FF. Simple as clicking the link to download anywhere then clicking the kml file and select send to FF. I have a few KML files we share for our EAA Young Eagle flights with waypoints we use for the flight depending on the runway in use. I have found that most EFBs can injest the data with out much effort.

Our "Community Feature" where v1 of it is targeted for Oshkosh (end of July) aims to do this... integrate with a shared database of airport/FBO/restaurant/attractions, as well as allow you to rate/comment.... and then of course, for RP and flight planning/searching - we plan to integrate this as well (Find "attraction type X" - "less than X miles from me (or from my current route").

We're going to put the "Adventure" back into Adventure Pilot.
Brian: Two thoughts: Second only to Food at the airport would be Courtesy car availability. All comments about other amenities good.
Second, when you get the pop-up box for airport, it's unlikely that anyone would create a "custom" waypoint for an airport that already is a waypoint. How about changing that choice, in Options, to "Amenities"?
Touching it could bring up another pop-up with simple icons (or words) for crew car, on-field food, concierge service or whatever...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-165210.png
    Screenshot_20230524-165210.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Brian: Two thoughts: Second only to Food at the airport would be Courtesy car availability. All comments about other amenities good.
Second, when you get the pop-up box for airport, it's unlikely that anyone would create a "custom" waypoint for an airport that already is a waypoint. How about changing that choice, in Options, to "Amenities"?
Touching it could bring up another pop-up with simple icons (or words) for crew car, on-field food, concierge service or whatever...
Thanks Bob for this advice. Food, then cars...

We're currently leaning towards overloading the "Search Nearby..." concept with Amenities/attractions.... (or airports with amenities/attraction) - as well as "Menu => Text Search". Although for first versions of this feature, we often DO create new upfront menu options that are easier to find, to make sure more people know about these new features --- then later, we transition them one-deeper, so at to minimize the number of up-front options we show a pilot. (That all becomes TBD.)

Currently, we're looking to design, the "Search for Amenities" to be implemented with two fronts -- "NRST" where it shows summary of amenities in the small form (at left side) -- while highlighting the location on the map, relative to you.

The other is the heavier weight "Text Search" that allows you to search our database for thoroughly in case the lighter-weight NRST form isn't cutting it for you.

Back