New Data Card for 740b

FloridaFlyer

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
I would like to format a new data card. Where can I download the basic files to start fresh?

If your old data card is still usable, I think you can just "select all", and copy the data over to a new card.

If you truly want to start from scratch, then I would advise you to call Adventure Pilot during business hours. Contact info can be found here: https://www.iflyefb.com/Support/Get-Help

Ya, I think I am ready to start fresh
For future .once you get a new card all set up.... You may want to consider what I do/did:
I cloned my original iFly SD 740's card onto a blank new same capacity SD card. I rotate the "spare" and original between the home and the plane, and update them both periodically with iFly's Windows card updating utility. That way if one gets corrupted or damaged I have a backup

I do all my updates by removing the SD card and using an SD-USB adapter to plug in into my laptop. Not only is that a much faster download, it gives me an easy backup option.

Every time I update my charts, I copy the old files from the SD card to my laptop hard drive, and then copy the new ones after the update. That way I always have a recent backup to burn to a new SD card if the old card or the update crashes. I also write to a backup SD card.

Back