Please Wait Message

tbouchertx

Reaction score
I start the app and a “please wait” message appears and never goes away. If I select flight plan the message goes away. Today I decided to see how long it would take for disappear and hours later it’s still there. I have also noticed that every once in a while I have to agree to the disclaimer, there are download glitches where the app hangs as well. Anybody else? Frustrating. Running on an IPad with 16.4xxx
Thanks

UPDATE

it appears the issue is related to auto sync feature with iflightplanner. I decided to disable the auto sync, and the issue stopped. I tried 3x, alternating with auto sync selected and deselected. Each time the warning either appeared when selected or did not appear when deselected. I believe that was the issue.

Now to the other glitch behavior of hanging during downloads, or continually having to click on the disclaimer when it appears.

Last edited:
What version of iFly are you running? What disclaimer message is it popping up? (A screenshot could be helpful.)

It seems that message pops up every so often on my devices. Not every time. I always thought it was a legal CYA that AP lawyers had it pop up every so often.

The disclaimer should only ever appear at startup, and only rarely. I see it whenever I install a new version (which is frequent, as a beta tester). On devices where I don't update the software frequently, I see it rarely...maybe once a month or something. (As MDreger said, I figure it's just typical legalese that's only necessary because of the litigious society we live in.)

Are you seeing it far more frequently than that?

Check this: Flight Plan > More Options > Sync with iFlightPlanner. Are you setup to sync? If so, that might be what's popping the Please Wait. Let me know, if so I'll load this as a bug.

The disclaimer should only ever appear at startup, and only rarely. I see it whenever I install a new version (which is frequent, as a beta tester). On devices where I don't update the software frequently, I see it rarely...maybe once a month or something. (As MDreger said, I figure it's just typical legalese that's only necessary because of the litigious society we live in.)

Are you seeing it far more frequently than that?
Yes I see it more often. I am gonna pay more attention to it and have hard numbers that I can report.

Back