Smooth Panning

MazdaManiac

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
The thing I hear consistently when proselytizing the unwashed iPood masses is that iFly looks and feels "old", "toy-like", "clunky" or "jittery".
The WinCE constraints are understandable and I think Pilot and ForeFlight have too much "HiDef" prettiness to be usable.
But a middle-ground certainly exists.

I think just implementing the advancements of the dead EFB attempt would probably be enough.
It had the feel of Garmin Pilot, which is probably the best visual competitor for comparison.

The side by side video is revealing. I hadn't really noticed the way iFly works on zoom and pan. It's never bothered me and I'm ok with it as is but I can see where someone new to the program might view it as dated.

My Samsung Note 9 shows the same when zooming in and out but on the pan it only grays out the buttons but does not create any white/blank space around the map unless I move the map in to an area outside the US boundaries or to a state/sectional that I haven't downloaded yet. For the not downloaded areas its about the same as your video but fills in very quickly. I don't think that is an unreasonable action for non-downloaded data.

Tony

The side by side video is revealing. I hadn't really noticed the way iFly works on zoom and pan. It's never bothered me and I'm ok with it as is but I can see where someone new to the program might view it as dated.

My Samsung Note 9 shows the same when zooming in and out but on the pan it only grays out the buttons but does not create any white/blank space around the map unless I move the map in to an area outside the US boundaries or to a state/sectional that I haven't downloaded yet. For the not downloaded areas its about the same as your video but fills in very quickly. I don't think that is an unreasonable action for non-downloaded data.

Tony
I have ALL the available data downloaded.

Its always been this way and its the same with the Windows version (and I have a very fast desktop).

Back