Training curriculum

harold_velez

Reaction score
Exploring the Foreflight support site I found their training page super useful. Not just because they have training videos for everything on the app, but also because they have it organized by subject, features, and topics. I found this extremely helpful as it allows folks unfamiliar with the app to follow a logically laid out training path that covers it all, including the things you would not seek to learn unless you were aware the feature was available. In addition to the YouTube channel, does AP offer this for iFlyEFB?

That's a good idea, but AP doesn't have anything like that. They're a small company, so resources are limited, and I'm not sure how much work it would be to pull together something like that.

In the meantime, as you've found, there's the YouTube channel, this forum for asking questions and getting help from other users, the user manual/Pilot's Gude (which usually lags a bit behind the latest released software), and the iFly Support email and phone options (also listed on the same page as the manuals).

I would like to see if there is a way this community can contribute to the manual. I know when I moved from FF to using iFly there was a steep learning curve and the manual had significant gaps. Some functionality from years ago still isn’t in the manual, like auto taxi.

I will be happy to happy to contribute in anyway I can. However, I'm brand new to ifly EFB and nave little if any practical experience with it. That said, I can help editing, proof reading and organizing content.

The wiki is a great idea. I'd also like to see an index right inside iFly, for those times you need to find something in a menu somewhere but can't remember where it is--a single alphabetical list of all switches, settings, and controls, with hot links to the appropriate menu or setting.

Back