Alert Setting - Auto Close

Chad

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Request to have a setting that allow alerts, messages or buttons, auto close after a given amount of time.

Within the settings the user would have the ability to select the length for an alert to stay active. Default would be until manually cleared, but options would be 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds.

Examples of the outcome >

1. Pilot has the settings as Show Alert Message for Class C Airspace and has the new auto close set to 5 seconds. As the aircraft nears the Class C airspace an alert pops up notifying the pilot that they are approaching Class C Airspace. Without intervention the message disappears after 5 seconds.
  2. Pilot has the settings as Show Alert Message for Class C Airspace and has the new auto close set to manual. As the aircraft nears the Class C airspace an alert pops up notifying the pilot that they are approaching Class C Airspace. This message stays on the screen until the user acknowledges it. This is the default procedure in the EFB today.
As an aside, it would be nice for alerts to be smart regardless. If it is on the screen and the threat is gone, automatically remove the alert. For example. The target aircraft gets within the alert parameters, say 2,500' and 5 miles, and ends up turning away leaving that sphere then the alert should auto close. Likewise, you fly within 2 miles of a class C, the alert should close after you pass it and get outside of that sphere as well.

Good idea in general, but especially the idea about smartnin' up traffic alerts. That's been a thorn in my side for a long time. In fact, I'm going to post a feature request about that.

While I like the idea, it seems there should be a place, easily accessible, that you can review the last few alerts, especially those that you ignored. Despite the fact that you ignored them at the moment, they may still be pertinent, now that you got the reroute written down.

Back