Altitude & Heading bug

valsoar

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Currently altitude bug/planned altitude always comes from flight plan altitude. You can click on planned altitude button then snap to current but that updates all subsequent flight plan leg altitudes.

Would like a way to toggle between - snap to current/snap to flight plan/set temporary

Likewise, would be nice to set heading bug independent of flight plan (snap to current/set/snap to plan) - essentially Heading mode vs Nav mode for temporary vectors etc.

Thoughts?

Likewise, would be nice to set heading bug independent of flight plan (snap to current/set/snap to plan) - essentially Heading mode vs Nav mode for temporary vectors etc.
A "heading bug" setting is not a bad idea. However, in the meantime, the way I handle "long-term" vectors is by rubber-banding the route shown on the screen, using the compass rose to approximate the heading. It's generally close enough for the situational awareness I am using iFly for. Once I'm back on track to a waypoint, I update the flight plan accordingly (usually by a simple "Direct-To" tap on a waypoint that was already in my plan).

If I have a short deviation from my plan, I don't bother trying to update iFly until I'm back on course to a waypoint.

Back