Assume I am going to land on 740 flight plans

Chad

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Quite often, when entering a flight plan locally on the 740b, the last waypoint (an airport) does not automatically select it as the landing airport. I would like to always see the last waypoint In a flight plan, if it is an airport, default to landing when you finalize (click done).
for me this is normally noticed when I did not get the time to descend alert.

Seems reasonable, Chad, but there is another consideration: if I input a plan, then edit to add a later stop, the prior one (with your suggestion) would now have me landing at that one too! So, I'd have to go in and un-check that landing box. Isn't it easier to check check the Landing box in your final airport (and at any others you plan to land for fuel or a break) when you have the Plan all done?

My two cents:

Bob: seems like it's just as likely, since you were landing at what was previously the last waypoint in the flight plan, that you're still going to do a landing there (as well as the new one you added). Maybe not as likely, but the likelihood is not zero.

The original request is very valid. Since we always have to come down, if a flight plan is created then the last waypoint should be a landing by default. But then also (as in Bob's example), if a waypoint is added to the end, it should by default be a landing.

As to whether any previous landing in the flight plan should be set to a non-landing should be either prompted by the software or left to the user.

Well, wonder who was listening while we were discussing this. Just went to a flight plan I've had open, and added another WayPoint to the end: it AUTOMATICALLY made it into a landing! Then added a second, and it turned that into a Landing, and deleted the previous Landing!! Looks like PROBLEM SOLVED??!! Congrats, Chad!

Quite often, when entering a flight plan locally on the 740b, the last waypoint (an airport) does not automatically select it as the landing airport. I would like to always see the last waypoint In a flight plan, if it is an airport, default to landing when you finalize (click done).
for me this is normally noticed when I did not get the time to descend alert.
That sounds like more of a bug than a missing feature.

That's more than just semantics in this case, because AP has advertised that they're no longer going to add features to the 7xx devices, but they may still fix bugs if they're deemed serious enough.

Well, wonder who was listening while we were discussing this. Just went to a flight plan I've had open, and added another WayPoint to the end: it AUTOMATICALLY made it into a landing! Then added a second, and it turned that into a Landing, and deleted the previous Landing!! Looks like PROBLEM SOLVED??!! Congrats, Chad!
Was that on a tablet/phone device, or a dedicated 7xx device?

Was that on a tablet/phone device, or a dedicated 7xx device?
I am experiencing it on the 740, but frankly never really paid much attention to the ipad. Now I will need to look next time it happens and see if it does the same on the iPad. Pure speculation, I normally fix it on the 740 and I am guessing the flight plan sync fixes it on the ipad. since I have the alerts turned off on the ipad, I wouldnt hear the time to descent alert.

Just loaded a stock flight plan (X04 OCF KGNV) on to my ipad. Left the final waypoint, an airport, as a non-landing waypoint. Wonder if it is an iOS issue. IMG_0909.png

Ok, I am noticing that there is some difference in the XML schemas between a file created and saved in the ipad vs the 740. Specifically the header.

<file-description>iFlyFullSpec:1004
X04 to KGNV via OCF
True
False
False

AA:X04;AN:448166_-1262997;AA:GNV;

This is present in the ipad export, not the 740 export.

Back