Avidyne, EFB Flight Plan Transfer

Mike Egg

Reaction score
Is anybody using Avidyne and IFly with a third part wireless ADS-B receiver (Stratux, Levis Stratus ect.)?
I'm using Stratux and can't transfer flight plans in either direction.
Mike

I was involved in the development testing for that feature.
  • What device are you running iFly on?
  • What version of iFly are you running?
  • What version of software is on your IFD?
  • Are you confident that the IFD is connected to your external WiFi network? How have you confirmed that?

I have an ipad and Samsung Tab A
Positive
I see a post on the facebook page from Oct about the same issue

I was not able to get this feature to work on the Dynon until: 1) Disabling any other internet connection (Cell Connection), 2) Specifically selecting the Dynon Device vs auto detect device.

Rewatching Avidyne videos 2 say you can transfer flight plans with the setup I have and 1 says you must be connected to the IFD?
1707404703464.png

I do get GPS this way (the stratux has no GPS) but not flight plans.

Last edited:
I posted a bunch of stuff about this awhile back, here is an example: https://adventurepilot.community.forum/threads/iflyefb-12-2-19-rc-for-all-platforms.172/#post-2012

I see that there have been some more recent updates with new versions so maybe this will address your issues. The current builds aren't compatible with my tablets yet. https://adventurepilot.community.forum/threads/ifly-efb-13-0-24-beta-for-android-avidyne-fixes.395/
Can't see your links.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Can't see your links.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
It's because the links are to the beta test subforum, which is not public. However, AP is getting close to releasing the next version which has some improvements to the Avidyne integration features.

Back