Does iFly have support for LAHSO?

r2brou2

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. I'm wondering if I'll be asked to show where I'll find this info in my EFB on a checkride. I could always say I just won't accept LAHSO, but I don't know if that gets me off the hook being able to find the info.

What kind of support would you want for LAHSO? The tower should be able to provide you with the distance to the intersection they want you to Hold Short of, and only you know if you're able to comply given the current winds, your capabilities, your aircraft capabilities, etc.

I guess to be able to see what's posted in the chart supplement. Even though you can ask the controller, you are supposed review the airports for LAHSO operations prior to flight. I guess I don't see why info in the supplement isn't included when you look at airport info in the EFB.

did a quick search in the chart supplement for lahso, not found. if you pull up airport diagram in ifly it shows the lahso. BUR airport for example. hope this helps.

Attachments

• 00067AD.pdf
    177.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for pointing out burbank, I was having a hard time finding an example. The LAHSO on the airport diagram only shows you were to hold short, not what the Available Landing Distance is. The chart supplement shows that there is LAHSO on Runway 15 short of 08-26, with an Available Landing Distance of 4250 feet. The textbook answer is that if you are flying into Burbank, you are supposed to be familiar with all available information, which includes any LAHSO operations and the ALDs prior to your flight. Once in flight, if you don't recall the ALD for a given runway, you can ask ATC. I'll freely admit that I've never done LAHSO operations so don't take anything from me as gospel, but I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared for my commercial checkride. I think I have the info for the written, but if I need to demonstrate where I'd find the info during the checkrid, that's where I'm wondering if I'd have an issue. I suppose it's also more of a curiosity why there is info available that is not displayed in the EFB.

Attachments

• Burbank.jpg
    Burbank.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 8
very interesting. Suggest you put it in a feature enhancement request. If its in the afd like show , it should be a trivial enhancement. As far as your commercial, I'ld be curious to see what other answers you get from cfi community on here

Back