Does the 740b run the latest iFly version?

jbeeghly

Reaction score
The EFB on my Android is version 12.1.6 and, importantly, has "real plan." The version on my 740b is 11.1.22c and does not seem to include Real Plan. I've taken the 740b through the update process. That brought in all the current maps, but did not seem to include a system update. I know the 740b is no longer being manufactured. Is the software not going to be updated?

Jim Beeghly

11.1.22c is the latest version available for the handheld units. Unfortunately, this does not include real plan and we will also no longer be updating the software on these units. This is mainly due to their hardware limitations. Though, we will still be supporting data updates and repairs.

While I understand that the 7XX units don't have the power to run Real Plan, and the rest of the new features, is there any chance the 7XX software could be updated to allow us to use all the information contained in the ADS-B broadcasts?

11.1.22c is the latest version available for the handheld units. Unfortunately, this does not include real plan and we will also no longer be updating the software on these units. This is mainly due to their hardware limitations. Though, we will still be supporting data updates and repairs.
I ran across this after posting another question about updates. Is this still true, that this is the last version of software for the 740b? That would be unwelcome news. If true, I guess I'll have to start researching tablets.

Back