Feature Request - Simpler Departure Day/Time Entry

boisecrawfords

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
As a new user to iFly, one of the biggest frustrations I've found is the complexity of just changing the day/time of a flight plan. Coming from FF this was right on the flightplan home page. The odd part with iFly is that it shows at the bottom and is selectable (which seems weird since it doesn't follow the underline standard of selectable text), but then the white cell on the new page that includes date/time is not selectable. Would be great to have the value right at the bottom (or top) of the flight plan page and be able to update day and time right there.

Yes, I'm for this, too. (Added the idea to your altitude request before seeing this one.) I've been frustrated by this for a long time and have requested it before. Strength in numbers.

Here is a quick sketch I did of a GUI that would be intuitive. Just add the date/time boxes to the departure, which upon click provides a pop-up to set.

For a gold star, also have one at the destination that was also selectable, so that if the landing time was more important than the departure, a landing date/time could be entered and it would automatically update the departure time, taking into account time zones and winds.

Flight Plan with Time Date Box.JPG

For a gold star, also have one at the destination that was also selectable, so that if the landing time was more important than the departure, a landing date/time could be entered and it would automatically update the departure time, taking into account time zones and winds.
This is a neat idea. I like your markup solution for setting the time and date.

Good idea! I like it.

Other possibilities: Maybe place the departure time just below the departure airport line and the arrival time just above the arrival airport.

1705611942491.png

Not sure I like that, though, because there's maybe too much info inserted into the flight.

Maybe place the arrival time just below the arrival airport, instead.

Or maybe place the departure time just ABOVE the departure airport, so as not to mess up the clean view of the flying part.

1705613212236.png

Sorry for the hasty, messy graphics! Just trying to get a rough idea of variations.

I like the last mock-up the best. Fill in either Departure or Arrival time and the other box would be calculated.

Back