Flight Plan Transfer

Fred T Yoder

Reaction score
Will I be able to transfer my iFly EFB flight plan on my Ipad to my 10" Dynon Classic?

I would sure like some help on this, I have tried everything to transfer an iFlyEFB flight plan from my new android phone and older Galaxy S3 tablet to Dynon HDX. The Samsungs see and connect to Dynon WiFi, but nothing ever shows up.

Thanks Cobra, it was suggested on a Dynon forum that the HDX model does not support the little extensi on cable the wifi dongle is plluged in to. Im going to try that first.

I removed the short usb extension, no luck. I kept messing with the Samsung wifi connection setup, i think what worked was to accept that no internet was available nad all of a sudden, my phone really saw and was connected. Success if i can remember what i did

I finally figured it out on my android phone (S22). I have to have the phone in Airplane mode and then enable WiFi. With the cell connection active, the application will not connect to the Dynon using the Dynon WiFi adapter. I suspect that if your device is a WiFi only device that it would work correctly.

Although I haven't looked, but it seems to me my iPhone has some setting that will allow you to state your preference about your phone giving preference to a WiFi or Cell/Data connection. Perhaps that may be something to look for.

They are moving this into a "Bug Report" and has been confirmed. The developers are looking into it.

It would be nice to have a Transfer button right on the Flight Plan page to push it directly when ready. I do not like the "Auto-Share Changes" function enabled as it can mess with the Dynon as soon as you change the plan and before you can confirm it correct. The when you do have it, it takes too many menu selections to get it there.

Has anyone had any luck transfering a flight plan from the EFB to a Garmin 660. I'll venture a guess that's a NO, but sure would be good if you could. That would solve the NMEA drive dilemma at least for me.

It would be nice to have a Transfer button right on the Flight Plan page to push it directly when ready. I do not like the "Auto-Share Changes" function enabled as it can mess with the Dynon as soon as you change the plan and before you can confirm it correct. The when you do have it, it takes too many menu selections to get it there.
That sounds like it should be a Feature Request...

Back