iFly EFB and Garmin GTX 345

Gatormyk

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Does anyone in this forum have a Garmin GTX 345 transponder with ADS-B In and Out in their plane? If so, are you able to use the 345's ADS-B In capability with iFly EFB installed on an iPad or Android tablet? The 345 apparently uses Bluetooth for connectivity with tablets and I've seen a video of a pilot connecting an Android tablet to the 345 but then using Garmin Pilot to connect to the 345 via Connext (apparently a Garmin proprietary connection). I'm curious if the 345 will play nicely with other EFBs including iFly EFB.

AFAIK, the 345 will link only to 1) Garmin Pilot and 2) Foreflight. No others.

Garmin seems to be only interested in Garmin and not their users. I have several Garmin products but cannot use my GTX345 with my preferred EFB, iFly EFB! To use it I have to go to FltplanGO or buy a Garmin app.

Does anyone in this forum have a Garmin GTX 345 transponder with ADS-B In and Out in their plane? If so, are you able to use the 345's ADS-B In capability with iFly EFB installed on an iPad or Android tablet? The 345 apparently uses Bluetooth for connectivity with tablets and I've seen a video of a pilot connecting an Android tablet to the 345 but then using Garmin Pilot to connect to the 345 via Connext (apparently a Garmin proprietary connection). I'm curious if the 345 will play nicely with other EFBs including iFly EFB.
Garmin GTX345 is like a stuck-up rich kid!

That's a shame. TY for the input!
You can use FltplanGO on the iPad. And it is free, but differ greatly from iFly EFB. I used it for filing IFR before Garmin bought them out. I expect Garmin someday will make it a subscription service too!

Back