iFly EFB not receiving data from X Plane

TomS

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been unable to get iFly EFB to work with X-Plane version 11 or 12 on either of my iOS devices (ipad and iPone). I previously used foreflight so I still have that on both devices and they work fine. When I start iFly it shows the airplane icon positioned at my house on the map not at the airport and there it sits. I have spent several hours on this issue and I have been all over the internet and on the forum. I have reset the network on the iOS devices and rebooted both. I'm using a Windows 10 PC for X-plane. I have tried setting X-plane's network settings to broadcast both on the specific ip addess of each device and to broadcast to all devices on the wifi network. Location services are on for iFly "while using" and precise location is on. Since Foreflight connects to X-plane without issue it would seem my problem is not with the iOS device but is more with iFly EFB. I'm out of ideas so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tom

I run this on an android device with XP11 and XP12 so what I suggest may or may not work for you.

1. On my tablet, the location services or location is turned off or it interferes with XP trying to connect.
2. In XP I have it broadcast to all devices and I also have it configured for Iphone, Ipad and external devices and press the add connection for Xavion or other EFB the port shouldn't matter but the IP of the tablet does matter.

In iFly you want to make sure you select Menu, About and Connected Devices and make sure its set for Auto Configure and it should then pick up the XP GPS information.

If using Real Traffic to show ADS-B information in XP then you want to go to setup and select ADS-B settings and connect to the Stratux/Flightbox and your ADS-B traffic will show up from XP as well.

Back