Is there a way to force the configured connections for ADS-B and GPS to not change on restart

dpdurst

Reaction score
Is there a way to not have the GPS and ADS-B configured devices not change on restart of the App? Everytime I exit and then go back into the app the device for the GPS changes to the ADS-B device and I have to go through and reconfigure the GPS port and then the ADS-B port again.

Why doesn't auto detect work on the ADS-B port 4000? It just sites there and does nothing until I pick the device, actually same question on the GPS port, auto-detect does nothing. If those actually did work, that would solve my problem I believe. Thanks

I honestly have no idea what you're asking. Can you please provide more information?

Some specifics that would help:
  • What device are you running iFly on?
  • What version of iFly are you running?
  • What ADSB device are you connecting to?
  • Where are you "reconfiguring ports" for GPS and ADSB within iFly? I've never heard of such a thing in the years I've been using iFly. Please provide the specific menu path you're taking to get to those settings.

Last edited:
Lenovo M8 tablet
I-Fly Version 12.2.34
GPS device is a.gk GPS signal from X-Plane (which works 100% fine once connected)
ADS-B device (which works 100% fine once connected) is through X-Plane software on port 4000 Stratus/Flightbox

So I startup I-Fly first and then I get X-Plane started, I-Fly says no GPS signal and when I check through Menu|About| Connected Devices it says under connected devices Statux/Flightbox (not connected) - I would have expected it to say a.gk as that is the last connection to X-Plane it was using but it seems to always drop that out of the choices once I disconnect and shut down I-Fly and then I have to manually go reconnect each time I start I-Fly.

What I find more interesting, is once I change the choice to be Auto-Connect X-Plane then connects up fine and I get the GPS signal and all is good, however then under Menu|Setup|ADS/B - it some how now is set for Auto Connect and it never works, so I have to select Stratux/Flightbox and then all is good and working perfectly until I shut down and do this again the next day or hours later.

For the record I don't believe this to have anything to do with X-Plane but more the a.gk connector that I-Fly is configured with to use with X-Plane

So after doing much testing, and trying out another EFB I think I've come to the conclusion that X-Plane has the ability to send GPS data on port 49002 (setting under Menu/ About / Connected devices) where you choose auto connect and a.gk connection shows up for xplane and GPS data is captured and based on configuration in X-Plane can send not only ADS-B on port 4000 but GPS data on Port 4000 as well.

The other EFB captures it appears both ADS-B and GPS data on Wifi under port 4000 using only that option in X-Plane to send that data on. It seems that when I have Ifly configured to use ADS-B for Stratux/Flightbox or a few other that capture that information on port 4000 I get ADS-B every time fine.

However it seems that selecting Auto-Connect for both ADS-B configuration and Wireless connection under Menu /About/Connected devices that this is where the issue is and it does seem to capture GPS data on port 4000 nor does it capture ADS-B information. It would be nice to know exactly what options there is here for me so I don't have to keep resetting those connections each time I start up.

Or at least tell me it will never change and I can stop worrying about trying to get this to work automatically. Thanks

Back