Keep old cycle active

Chad

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Requesting to keep old cycle charts available (N-1) in the case a user does not download the new cycle for what ever reason. Currently, if you don’t download the new cycle and you start EFB with an old cycle chart there is nothing displayed. Like other EFBs, put a pop up, clearable warning, that charts are old.

Requesting to keep old cycle charts available (N-1) in the case a user does not download the new cycle for what ever reason. Currently, if you don’t download the new cycle and you start EFB with an old cycle chart there is nothing displayed. Like other EFBs, put a pop up, clearable warning, that charts are old.
Can you describe the exact sequence that results in nothing being displayed? What base map layer do you have selected when this occurs?

I've never seen that before, and I have several old devices that I don't keep updated. When I dust them off and fire them up, they're almost always starting with old data, but the sectional map is still right there. I just get a warning (or multiple warnings) that my data is old, which is the behavior you're requesting, so I'm confused.

Can you describe the exact sequence that results in nothing being displayed? What base map layer do you have selected when this occurs?

I've never seen that before, and I have several old devices that I don't keep updated. When I dust them off and fire them up, they're almost always starting with old data, but the sectional map is still right there. I just get a warning (or multiple warnings) that my data is old, which is the behavior you're requesting, so I'm confused.
I will take some pics on the 6th, the day after the next edition date.

We can kill this one. With EFB the old cycle stays active when offline. Previously the app would just show a green square if you were offline and had old data. Glad it works. Admins up to you if you want to delete or close. Thanks @Brian and team.

Back