Map missing message.

rockclimb

Reaction score
When I open IFly on my tablet without an internet connection I get the following pop up on my screen. I download and update all of the available data on a regular basis and this only started occurring in the last few months. Any thought or workarounds?
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite: Android 13
IFly Image.jpg

You can avoid seeing that notice by updating all of the charts at one time. I try to do it as soon as they're available each cycle. If you don't have enough storage space for that, then update selectively, so you'll have all the charts you're likely to need. Menu > Check for Updates.

I download the entire country. I ensure that it is updated before leaving the house before every flight. I only see this when I am not connected to the internet. Never used to happen, been using iFly for 5 years and this only started in June. It surprised me while flying and trying to zoom in to a closer view while approaching Payson Az. Since noticing it on that flight, I can replicate it by shutting off internet and data on my device. With either of those on, no problem.

Hah! I've confirmed it on my iPad Mini 6--not your download query above, but effectively the same. What I get (with no internet connection) is that helo charts won't load. I'd call that a bug because I believed that I had updated them all. Here's what I see when Ownship is in NYC and zoomed in for helo charts (or forcing them):

1692410844800.png

That would be alarming to see when flying up the Hudson!

You should send in a bug report. It's a bug.

Back