Notification of bluetooth disconnect

109jb

Reaction score
I just started using iFly EFB on a Samsung tablet. I have been using the same tablet for a while now with the free Avare App connected via bluetooth to the Garmin G5x system with autopilot in my airplane. One thing that Avare has that iFly doesn't is awareness of bluetooth connection status.

In Avare the top banner that has the altimeter/airspeed/etc. turns blue when bluetooth is connected and if bluetooth is lost it turns back to a gray color.

iFly works great with my system, but it does not notify in any way if bluetooth is lost and NMEA data stops streaming. In my opinion, notification that the system that is flying the airplane has stopped should give a notification of some kind. Anything would be good, like the simple background color change Avare uses, a popup, but in my opinion something is needed.

Thanks,

John Brannen

Yes - and similarly I would suggest if there's a certain delay in receiving packets from ADSB - that we would get a notification. I am new to the app - but a few times on a recent long flight I noticed the ADSB data didn't look updated - and sure enough no packets were being received.

Again - I would think the trigger is no packets received - would generate a persistent status message at the bottom of the screen "ADSB data not updated" or something.

Are you displaying the ADSB Status instrument?

Back