Problem downloading newest map update data

Cliff Biggs

Reaction score
Went to modify and download sectionals and charts with newest data and when my list is compiled and saved and then I go to update selected items ALL items in the complete list are automatically selected and the download starts. All boxes are automatically filled with the check mark.
There is no way for me to select only the charts I want!
Ho do I fix this?

Went to modify and download sectionals and charts with newest data and when my list is compiled and saved and then I go to update selected items ALL items in the complete list are automatically selected and the download starts. All boxes are automatically filled with the check mark.
There is no way for me to select only the charts I want!
Ho do I fix this?
On what platform (Apple, Android or Windows) and what version of iFly EFB (Menu > About > Version & Contact) are you running?

In general, this is the procedure to update the chart database:

1 - Click on "Menu" and select "Check for Updates".
2 - You should see a map of the US. Click on the individual states for which you wish to update OR click on the "Select All" button to select all 50 states.
3 - Click on the "Advanced Options" button and select each checkbox for the Data Type you wish to update. Optional: select the "Force Database Refresh" checkbox.
4 - Click on the "Begin Download" button.

Are you stating the app is starting your download before you click the "Begin Download" button? Or... after performing steps 2 & 3 above, when you click the "Begin Download" button, the app ignores your selected states and checkboxes then checks all of the boxes and states and starts downloading everything?

From his description that he is checking boxes, I think he's using an iFly portable device (700, 720, 720b, etc.).

I'm not sure what could cause that behavior--I've never seen it before. I'm hoping someone more familiar with updating those devices might pipe up with helpful words.

On what platform (Apple, Android or Windows) and what version of iFly EFB (Menu > About > Version & Contact) are you running?
From his description of "selecting items" I infer that he's using an iFly portable device (700, 720, 720b, etc.).

@Cliff Biggs , are you updating directly on the device itself, or are you removing the SD card and performing the update on a Windows device running iFly Connect? What iFly software version are you running?

I don't use my dedicated device any more so haven't updated the SD card in a long time, but back in the day I used iFly Connect plenty of times and I've never seen the behavior you describe.

Are you using iFly Connect?

1698714593167.png

If so, just above Cancel, is Select/Deselect All. I suppose you would check that, then uncheck it to clear all the check marks, then check whichever ones you desire to be downloaded. If you want to download those selected maps each time you run iFly Connect, click the Save Selections button, and the next time you open iFly Connect, they will already be checked for you, and the others will not.

If this doesn't look familiar, you're likely doing something else and you can "Nevermind". I've been using iFly Connect for so long, I don't remember what it looked like to use the 7XX to update via WiFi.

Back