Weight and balance on the 740 gps.

Ronferr

Reaction score
Will the weight and balance eventually be available to use on the 740 gps?

Probably not. But we are letting all of our portable owners also put iFly EFB on one of your devices without having to purchase the multiplatform option. So you can get this feature without any additional cost.

Walt I have the 740 and been a loyal member since 2017. I downloaded the app to my iPhone but now says I have to purchase it. How do I get it for free since I own your portable?

Last edited:
How do I get it for free since I own your portable?
There is no purchase required for the app, only for the data. However, if you already have a data subscription for your 740, then you can also use a phone or tablet with it for no additional cost (actually two phone and/or tablet devices, if they are both on the same OS).

I think if you launch the app, it might prompt you at startup to buy a subscription or log into an existing account, so you can either follow that path to log in, or else once the app has started you can tap the Menu button, and I think the option at the top of the list is to buy a subscription or log in. (Sorry for being vague...the login option only appears if you're not currently logged in, and I don't want to log out just to see what it says because I have a very convoluted password and don't want to retype it!)

The user credentials are the same ones you would use to log into the iflyefb.com website, not these forums.

There is no purchase required for the app, only for the data. However, if you already have a data subscription for your 740, then you can also use a phone or tablet with it for no additional cost (actually two phone and/or tablet devices, if they are both on the same OS).

I think if you launch the app, it might prompt you at startup to buy a subscription or log into an existing account, so you can either follow that path to log in, or else once the app has started you can tap the Menu button, and I think the option at the top of the list is to buy a subscription or log in. (Sorry for being vague...the login option only appears if you're not currently logged in, and I don't want to log out just to see what it says because I have a very convoluted password and don't want to retype it!)

The user credentials are the same ones you would use to log into the iflyefb.com website, not these forums.
Thanks Cobra, got it to work and was able to register my iPhone. I had forgotten my password. Wish there was a way to highlight it when resetting. It took several tries till I got it right.

Thanks Cobra, got it to work and was able to register my iPhone. I had forgotten my password. Wish there was a way to highlight it when resetting. It took several tries till I got it right.
There's a user interface overhaul coming "soon-ish". I expect that's one of the areas that will see improvement when that happens. (And now you know why I didn't want to log out and back in again! 😁)

Back