Windows PC version not full screen

Vilis

Reaction score
The windows PC version of iFlyEFB does not span the whole screen - there is a small band all around it. And, the "Maximize" button is greyed out, so I can't press it for full screen.
Is there a way to get it to span the whole screen?
Thanks, Vilis

The windows PC version of iFlyEFB does not span the whole screen - there is a small band all around it. And, the "Maximize" button is greyed out, so I can't press it for full screen.
Is there a way to get it to span the whole screen?
Thanks, Vilis
Interesting....it may have more to do with your PC's settings. I have it installed on my Dell PC, and it is definitely FULL SCREEN. I've been wishing we could SIZE the Window, like with most other apps, so I could run iFly side-by-side with Windy or some other app. Wonder if @Brian could shed some light on these issues?

There is a small border around iFlyEFB on my 2560x1440 monitor. It's not a problem for me, but thought I'd offer a data point.

My Dell has a small band of my desktop at the bottom of the screen, above the task bar. Screen resolution: 1680 x 1050

1695948736903.png

It seems to me this behavior was discussed before.

It seems to me this behavior was discussed before.
Yes, it was discussed in the Beta Testers forum. There was a "hack" to enable true full-screen mode, but Brian asked us not to share that to avoid support issues.

You'd think this should be something easy to fix (though I think Brian was puzzled why it wasn't working when we discussed it in the past, so maybe it's not so easy...?).

Maybe it's me... but I'm okay with the screen not being "full" full screen as I only use it the Windows app on my home PC displaying on my big monitor for flight planning only.

It's not a huge deal. But it's definitely noticeable, and makes the look-and-feel for Windows differ from the other platforms, so it can be a little bit jarring when folks see that behavior for the first time.

agreed. I too now notice a small border around iFly... Mine is left side and bottom. Still wish the Minimize, Maximize and ESPECIALLY the SIZE control worked like other Win programs, so I could run side-by-side. Does anybody else besides me think this is worth a Feature request???

agreed. I too now notice a small border around iFly... Mine is left side and bottom. Still wish the Minimize, Maximize and ESPECIALLY the SIZE control worked like other Win programs, so I could run side-by-side. Does anybody else besides me think this is worth a Feature request???
I wouldn't really call it a feature.

While I do think it should be taken care of, I think there are many more, far more important items that need to be addressed before this issue.

Back