Altitude Planning Confusion

boisecrawfords

Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
I am trying to plan a 3 hour flight over new terrain and can't figure out how the terrain advisor works. I thought it worked like FF but I may be wrong. What I would like to get is a horizontal view of my elevation AGL throughout the flight, similar to the screen shot below. Is this possible in iFly?
image_2024-04-22_095145496.png

I am trying to plan a 3 hour flight over new terrain and can't figure out how the terrain advisor works. I thought it worked like FF but I may be wrong. What I would like to get is a horizontal view of my elevation AGL throughout the flight, similar to the screen shot below. Is this possible in iFly?
Yes: Flight Plan > More Options > Altitude Planning.

1713816896996.png

Last edited:
So close, but the problem is you can't 'play' it like in FF, where you have a timeline to see where impacts are, then adjust them real-time via the map. But it is close and will work for now until maybe v14! :)

🤷‍♂️ Okay... I don't have iOS devices and don't use FF, so I guess I don't know what you're asking for.

Regardless, if you're asking for something new in iFly, then that probably belongs in a post in the Feature Requests forum.

So close, but the problem is you can't 'play' it like in FF, where you have a timeline to see where impacts are, then adjust them real-time via the map. But it is close and will work for now until maybe v14! :)

Is this what you are looking for? Single tap vertical profile circled in red.

Screenshot_20240422-195038~2.png

View attachment 924
Is this what you're looking for? Looks pretty similar to the screenshot you supplied from FF.

This is what I see when checking Altitudes in Flight Plan.

1713877990486.png

Yes, but with FF and GP you get a timeline dot that you can slide left/right that shows your position in both elevation and plan view. Then you can click on the map and update the flight path.

Gotcha, yeah if you click on the flight path line somewhere on the profile it will give you the option to show on map but then it jumps to there and closes the profile. You are looking to be able to slide along the vertical profile and have the map scroll along with that right? Nice idea.

Closest you can do is scroll the map, rubber band changes then click on the profile to view changes.

For example in the attached if you scroll around the map in the bottom of the screen, rubber band in a change or two then click back onto the profile window it will refresh to show you impact of changes to profile.

The slider is a nice idea though. May be tough since at present the profile view is a pop-up window over the map rather than a true split screen.

Attachments

• A7B9AF65-08F0-40C2-88E0-696B12AAD3DB.png
    A7B9AF65-08F0-40C2-88E0-696B12AAD3DB.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Back