Flight plan departure time wrong.

Jdbosman

Reaction score
When I look to select my departure time in the flight plan it indicates “(utc -3)” which is incorrect. How do I fix that?
Thanks,
John

Hopefully someone else can help you out. Although I am a huge proponent of iFly, I have to admit I do not like its flight plan filing system and I do not use it. I prefer to file via fltplan.com, instead.

When I look to select my departure time in the flight plan it indicates “(utc -3)” which is incorrect. How do I fix that?
Thanks,
John
John,

I don't see a spot to change your time zone inside of iFly. I poked around and I think the time zone setting comes from your device. I'm using the Windows version this morning so there is a setting on the laptop for set time automatically and set time zone automatically. I can turn off the set time zone automatically and select the time zone I want to use for flight planning. It looks like you have to exit iFly and come back in for time zone changes to take effect.

Check to see if you have a time zone setting on your device that needs to be adjusted then open iFly again to see if that fixes it.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks,
John
What time zone are you in? I'm in Eastern, and on my iPad Mini 6 iFly shows "utc -4"--which is correct for Daylight Time--and the correct local time. But on my iPhone 14 Pro Max iFly shows the correct local time, but no hint of the utc offset.

Hmm, I am trying out the demo. The first time I obtained a briefing, that departure date/time "stuck" and I get the "more than 2 hours old" complaint. This happened only for that particular flight plan, even after clearing and reloading the saved plan. But, I do see that problem go away, so maybe exiting Ifly EFB(ipad) or something else has fixed the error. Editing the departure time does not help.

Ipad mini 2, IOS 12.5.7, Ifly 12.2.34

Regards

Hmm, I am trying out the demo. The first time I obtained a briefing, that departure date/time "stuck" and I get the "more than 2 hours old" complaint. This happened only for that particular flight plan, even after clearing and reloading the saved plan. But, I do see that problem go away, so maybe exiting Ifly EFB(ipad) or something else has fixed the error. Editing the departure time does not help.

Ipad mini 2, IOS 12.5.7, Ifly 12.2.34

Regards
I just asked about this. Don't hit the "Get Brief" button. Go into "File a new plan" and make sure the time is ok. Then get the brief from that menu.

I just asked about this. Don't hit the "Get Brief" button. Go into "File a new plan" and make sure the time is ok. Then get the brief from that menu.
That's a great tip! If I can remember it, it ought to help me many many times over. (But it should be made obvious in iFly!)

Back