IFly EFB 12.2.19 released

Cobra

Administrator
Official iFly Beta User
Reaction score
Adventure Pilot released version 12.2.19 (12.2.20 for Windows) of iFly EFB for Android (via the Google Play store), iOS (via the Apple App Store), and Windows (via the iFlyEFB.com website) today. Two new features were added: Glide Range, and Avidyne IFD integration.

Here are the release notes for this version:

Version: 12.2.19 (7/17/2023)
  1. Added Glide Range Layer
    To enable, select bottom button Map Mode, then scroll down to 'Glide Range' and enable it. This will show a throbbing green ring around your aircraft during normal flight, showing you where iFly believes you can safely glide to a landing. Tap bottom button "NRST" then the "!" red emergency button at top right to enable Emergency mode.
    In Emergency mode, iFly EFB shows you 2 Glide Rings in bold:
    • Green ring marks the safest glide areas, while
    • Red ring marks the range that you should be able to glide to landing but is more of a risk
  2. Full Integration with Avidyne IFD
    To connect, select Menu => Setup => ADSB => Options => Select Device => Avidyne'
    Once connected, iFly will consume the following IFD data:
    • ADS-B data (Wx, Nexrad, Traffic, Notams, etc)
    • GPS ownship updates (location, altitude, course, and speeds).
    • AHRS updates (if supported by your IFD).
    Once connected, the Flight Plan Form will show the "Avidyne" button for options:
    • Download Route from IFD to iFly.
    • AutoDownload Option, to auto-accept all Route changes then made on the IFD.
    • Upload Route from iFly to IFD.
    • Reset Session - in case Up/Downloading stops working (rarely needed)
    Additional notes:
    • Custom/User Waypoints contained in the active Flight Plan will be sync'ed
    • Full support for IFR routes with Procedures and Airways.

Last edited:
Adventure Pilot released version 12.2.19 (12.2.20 for Windows) of iFly EFB for Android (via the Google Play store), iOS (via the Apple App Store), and Windows (via the iFlyEFB.com website) today. Two new features were added: Glide Range, and Avidyne IFD integration.

Here are the release notes for this version:

Version: 12.2.19 (7/17/2023)
  1. Added Glide Range Layer
    To enable, select bottom button Map Mode, then scroll down to 'Glide Range' and enable it. This will show a throbbing green ring around your aircraft during normal flight, showing you where iFly believes you can safely glide to a landing. Tap bottom button "NRST" then the "!" red emergency button at top right to enable Emergency mode.
    In Emergency mode, iFly EFB shows you 2 Glide Rings in bold:
    • Green ring marks the safest glide areas, while
    • Red ring marks the range that you should be able to glide to landing but is more of a risk
  2. Full Integration with Avidyne IFD
    To connect, select Menu => Setup => ADSB => Options => Select Device => Avidyne'
    Once connected, iFly will consume the following IFD data:
    • ADS-B data (Wx, Nexrad, Traffic, Notams, etc)
    • GPS ownship updates (location, altitude, course, and speeds).
    • AHRS updates (if supported by your IFD).
    Once connected, the Flight Plan Form will show the "Avidyne" button for options:
    • Download Route from IFD to iFly.
    • AutoDownload Option, to auto-accept all Route changes then made on the IFD.
    • Upload Route from iFly to IFD.
    • Reset Session - in case Up/Downloading stops working (rarely needed)
    Additional notes:
    • Custom/User Waypoints contained in the active Flight Plan will be sync'ed
    • Full support for IFR routes with Procedures and Airways.
Strange behavior ver. 12.2.19 on Android. Inflight wx via ADSB. At zoom level less than 57nm tap on airport; then tap WX box...says no wx found in the area. But zoom farther out on the map & touch same airport and it displays the 10 min old wx for that airport. Also tap on destination rectangle at any zoom level and it doesn't have the wx, as if that box determines the wx (none) when first starting the program but never changes.

I haven't had a chance to try 12.2.19 in flight yet (tomorrow morning, I hope). But FWIW, for fun I just tried your test on my iPad Mini 6 at home, using the uAvionix wifi Ping, and think I got ADSB WX at all zoom ranges.

I found the version 12.2.19 to be unusable in flight when connected to a Dynon Skyview system.

I renewed my iFly subscription at KOSH with the goal of using 12.2.19 on my 6 hour flight home to KPYM. I have an iPad mini running iPadOS 16.6

I recently removed my iFly 740B when I upgraded my panel to a Dynon Skyview HDX system. When I upgraded my panel, I switched to FlyQ so I could take advantage of their ability to transfer flight plans and charts, via WIFI, to my panel. I also have a subscription to their data manager.
My wingman visited the iFly booth at KOSH and suggested we try the new version of iFly EFB. After using FlyQ for 6 months, I was looking forward to trying iFly EFB.

12.2.19 looked good on the ground. I updated my charts and created a flight plan.

Upon engine start I joined the Skyview Network
Using Connected Devices I selected Dynon Skyview and confirmed connection
I tried sharing my flight plan. No joy.
Enroute to my first waypoint I checked the iFly map and noticed that my plane was still sitting on the ground at KOSH.
Some METARS were showing
Was unable to display NEXRAD weather
Rebooted iPad, which updated GPS position
Some NEXRAD pixels were faintly visible
Flight path on map had a bizarre leg to an ADSB tower
GPS position froze again
When zooming in/out some sections of the map did not render properly
If I disconnected from the Skyview WIFI, the app appeared to work as expected, albeit without METAR, NEXRAD & Traffic.
Weather was a real issue on the return flight. I had no time to debug or gather additional information.
I switched over to FlyQ after an hour.

Happy to provide any additional information.

I don't think flight plan sharing with Dynon is currently supported. I'd encourage you to request this feature be added in the Feature Request forum, here: https://adventurepilot.community.forum/forums/feature-requests.8/

(Edit: DISREGARD--Dynon integration does work. See reply #11.)

Enroute to my first waypoint I checked the iFly map and noticed that my plane was still sitting on the ground at KOSH.
This is unusual. iFly is designed to "prefer" the GPS position from an ADSB-in receiver, and "fall back" to the tablet device's built-in GPS (if it has one--all Android devices do, but not all iPads) if the ADSB-in GPS is unavailable.

You can monitor iFly's GPS status via the "GPS Status" instrument, which can be added to your map screen if they're not already there by tapping Inst Group > Customize > Add Instrument, and selecting "GPS Status" from the list. (If it's not in the list, it's probably already on your screen--confirm by scrolling down the instrument list to the "Already Added" section to confirm.)

If iFly's using GPS from an ADSB-in device (the "WAAS" indication will light up if WAAS data is being consumed): 1690641332130.png

If iFly's using GPS from the tablet device (if iFly's not getting a GPS solution those bars will be empty): 1690641400750.png

Some METARS were showing
If iFly's showing any METARs, that's an indication that it's connected to your ADSB-in correctly. But if the METARs are incomplete/inconsistent, that's more likely to be an issue with the ADSB-in signal you're getting (or not getting). You can monitor your ADSB-in device's connection to FAA towers via the "ADSB Status" instrument (same instructions to add it as above for the GPS Status instrument).

If you're not receiving from any towers, it will show: 1690641821607.png

I don't remember exactly what it says if it's receiving data...maybe number of towers it's receiving from? But whatever it is, it's pretty intuitive.

Later you said you did get some weather data, so it sounds like iFly was displaying what was available. Again, this is dependent on the quality of the ADSB-in data being received.

I don't have any iOS devices so don't know if it's different, but on my Android tablet I have seen potential issues if iFly is launched before the wifi connection is established, or if I change the "Connected Devices" setting during a session. However, I get consistently good results if I:
- Launch iFly, set the Connected Device to what I want to use, then close iFly
- Connect my tablet to the ADSB-in wifi network
- Launch iFly

i.e., if the data connection is already established at the tablet level, and iFly comes up with it's connection settings already set to match, it consistently connects with no issue. Deviate from that, and you may have hiccups. (When you rebooted your iPad, you unintentionally met the "success criteria" I described, so this fits the pattern I have observed.)

The opacity of the NEXRAD overlay can be adjusted via Map Mode > NEXRAD gear icon > Set Opacity.

Did the Flight Plan page show a waypoint corresponding to this tower when this occurred? (Side note: The fact that iFly was showing a tower on the map is an indication it was receiving ADSB-in data. The towers that your ADSB-in device is currently receiving from are displayed on the map.)

Can you duplicate this behavior and describe how to do it? I have occasionally seen iFly show erroneous FP waypoints under unusual conditions or because of a glitch in the FAA data, but these are pretty rare and are duplicatable. I've never seen it just happen (or heard it reported) as a one-off that couldn't be explained by a bug or bad data.

Is it possible you inadvertently "rubber banded" your FP while you were panning around the map?

GPS position froze again
Was iFly otherwise responsive when this happened? (You could still pan the map, navigate menus, etc?)

Monitoring the "GPS Status" instrument could provide some insight into what's going on when this happens.

This is not a problem I've ever heard reported. Can you confirm you had all the data downloaded for the regions where you were flying before you took off? On the ground, iFly will stream in map data as required via the internet, but of course you don't have that resource in the air, so it all needs to be downloaded in advance. (Menu > Check for Updates, then select the states you want coverage for.)

Can you be more specific about "did not render properly"? Was the map blank in spots, or was there map data present but the rendering was corrupted somehow?

If I disconnected from the Skyview WIFI, the app appeared to work as expected, albeit without METAR, NEXRAD & Traffic.
Weather was a real issue on the return flight. I had no time to debug or gather additional information.

It might be a good idea to submit a bug report (or reports, since you had multiple sessions and so will have multiple logs covering your flight) and include some description of the behavior you saw.

From within iFly, Menu > About > Send Bug Report, and select the appropriate log file. iFly will draft an email with the log file attached and some other log information in the body of the email, but you can also type a description of what you saw during the session before you send it. Repeat as necessary for all the log files you want to send.

Last edited:
I don't think flight plan sharing with Dynon is currently supported. I'd encourage you to request this feature be added in the Feature Request forum, here: https://adventurepilot.community.forum/forums/feature-requests.8/

...This is unusual. iFly is designed to "prefer" the GPS position from an ADSB-in receiver, and "fall back" to the tablet device's built-in GPS (if it has one--all Android devices do, but not all iPads) if the ADSB-in GPS is unavailable.
Mike D: Does your iPad have a GPS?* It only comes with the cellphone hardware--but you don't need to activate the cell service to use the GPS, and it works flawlessly with iFly. Even if you can get GPS from some other source, I think it's essential to have at the very least as an emergency back-up. My personal experience supports that think.

Even better is to have iFly on a cellphone because it will not only have its own GPS, it will probably be able to get a cell signal for WX and even charts. A cellphone can also serve as a hotspot to feed a tablet, although that's just one more thing to fuss with in flight, especially in an emergency.

* Some people complain that the iPad's GPS lacks WAAS. That's true, I believe, but it's essentially never needed for VFR flying and very rarely for IFR.

...You can monitor iFly's GPS status via the "GPS Status" instrument....
Hey, Cobra, you're getting pretty good at this game--parse a complicated problem into its discrete parts and provide thoughtful responses. This is one of your best replies.

This is unusual. iFly is designed to "prefer" the GPS position from an ADSB-in receiver, and "fall back" to the tablet device's built-in GPS (if it has one--all Android devices do, but not all iPads) if the ADSB-in GPS is unavailable.

You can monitor iFly's GPS status via the "GPS Status" instrument (which can be added to your map screen if they're not already there by tapping Inst Group > Customize > Add Instrument, and selecting "GPS Status" from the list. (If it's not in the list, it's probably already on your screen--confirm by scrolling down the instrument list to the "Already Added" section to confirm.)

If iFly's using GPS from an ADSB-in device (the "WAAS" indication will light up if WAAS data is being consumed): View attachment 288

If iFly's using GPS from the tablet device (if iFly's not getting a GPS solution those bars will be empty): View attachment 289

If iFly's showing any METARs, that's an indication that it's connected to your ADSB-in correctly. But if the METARs are incomplete/inconsistent, that's more likely to be an issue with the ADSB-in signal you're getting (or not getting). You can monitor your ADSB-in device's connection to FAA towers via the "ADSB Status" instrument (same instructions to add it as above for the GPS Status instrument).

If you're not receiving from any towers, it will show: View attachment 291

I don't remember exactly what it says if it's receiving data...maybe number of towers it's receiving from? But whatever it is, it's pretty intuitive.

Later you said you did get some weather data, so it sounds like iFly was displaying what was available. Again, this is dependent on the quality of the ADSB-in data being received.

I don't have any iOS devices so don't know if it's different, but on my Android tablet I have seen potential issues if iFly is launched before the wifi connection is established, or if I change the "Connected Devices" setting during a session. However, I get consistently good results if I:
- Launch iFly, set the Connected Device to what I want to use, then close iFly
- Connect my tablet to the ADSB-in wifi network
- Launch iFly

i.e., if the data connection is already established at the tablet level, and iFly comes up with it's connection settings already set to match, it consistently connects with no issue. Deviate from that, and you may have hiccups. (When you rebooted your iPad, you unintentionally met the "success criteria" I described, so this fits the pattern I have observed.)

The opacity of the NEXRAD overlay can be adjusted via Map Mode > NEXRAD gear icon > Set Opacity.

Did the Flight Plan page show a waypoint corresponding to this tower when this occurred? (Side note: The fact that iFly was showing a tower on the map is an indication it was receiving ADSB-in data. The towers that your ADSB-in device is currently receiving from are displayed on the map.)

Can you duplicate this behavior and describe how to do it? I have occasionally seen iFly show erroneous FP waypoints under unusual conditions or because of a glitch in the FAA data, but these are pretty rare and are duplicatable. I've never seen it just happen (or heard it reported) as a one-off that couldn't be explained by a bug or bad data.

Is it possible you inadvertently "rubber banded" your FP while you were panning around the map?

Was iFly otherwise responsive when this happened? (You could still pan the map, navigate menus, etc?)

Monitoring the "GPS Status" instrument could provide some insight into what's going on when this happens.

This is not a problem I've ever heard reported. Can you confirm you had all the data downloaded for the regions where you were flying before you took off? On the ground, iFly will stream in map data as required via the internet, but of course you don't have that resource in the air, so it all needs to be downloaded in advance. (Menu > Check for Updates, then select the states you want coverage for.)

Can you be more specific about "did not render properly"? Was the map blank in spots, or was there map data present but the rendering was corrupted somehow?

It might be a good idea to submit a bug report (or reports, since you had multiple sessions and so will have multiple logs covering your flight) and include some description of the behavior you saw.

From within iFly, Menu > About > Send Bug Report, and select the appropriate log file. iFly will draft an email with the log file attached and some other log information in the body of the email, but you can also type a description of what you saw during the session before you send it. Repeat as necessary for all the log files you want to send.
I'm glad to see Mike D reporting issues between iFly and the Dynon Skyview HDX system. I too have had multiple problems but some different from Mike. No map rendering problems here. But 2 main issues:

On both iPad and Android...
1 - GPS indicates connected to ADSB (from the Dynon) but only processes a position every 4 to 15 seconds. Looking at the ADSB status page all the ADSB services are checked, heartbeat is regular, but GPS updates are erratic - stalling sometimes 15 seconds. The iFly map is frozen during these periods. Very occasionally the map can be frozen for 30 seconds before the position is updated. Frequently the GPS reverts back to the device GPS (no longer ADSB indication in GPS block) for a very short period and then reconnects to ADSB GPS. The wifi connection is stable, it is not disconnecting from wifi. (Note the GPS works smoothly & fine on the Dynon display - it is not a GPS defect). It seems to be a data exchange issue between the two systems.

2 - The iFly is receiving ADSB weather from the Dynon Skyview (as confirmed on the ADSB status page). However, touch an airport then touch the WX box and it may say "No wx detected in the area" BUT zoom out to 500 miles and touch the same airport and now it displays current wx as received from ADSB. Zoom in again and the Wx is no longer reported.

When zoomed out the airport box shows the current METAR for that airport - but if you touch the Destination box it reports No wx detected for that airport.

@Cobra, thanks for the replies. I was not getting WAAS gps data from my Skyview system. ADSB data icon seemed to be stuck on "RECEIVING". The NEXRAD display was not an issue of opacity, but one of not displaying the entire NEXRAD overlay. Faint streaks about 1/2 inch apart. When zooming in and then out, not every portion of the map was at the same zoom level.

The egregious behavior of the app makes me think that the connectivity to the Skyview system was negligible at best. I plan to reinstall iFly EFB and run tests next week to see if I can replicate what I experienced.

Why I renewed my subscription: Up until 2023 I had been using iFly on a 740B and iPad for 6+ years that were connected to ship's power and my D-120/D-100 system. I loved it. I've used all other EFBs and iFly is my preferred platform. With that said, I purposely let my subscription lapse when I finished my Dynon HDX Skyview upgrade this year because I wanted an EFB that could connect and share data with my Dynon Skyview HDX system.

My wingman, who also is an iFly user, stopped by the iFly KOSH booth to specifically talk to Walter about sharing flight plans with Dynon. My wingman walked away from the discussion with the understanding that Dynon and iFly have been working together for years and can share flight plans. Walter explained to my wingman how you can select the option to automatically send flight plan updates to the Dynon Skyview system. Based on that second hand conversation I eagerly renewed my subscription while at KOSH. If there was some misunderstanding between Walter and my wingman, and there is no flight plan integration between Dynon and iFly, then I'll ask for a refund.

My wingman walked away from the discussion with the understanding that Dynon and iFly have been working together for years and can share flight plans. Walter explained to my wingman how you can select the option to automatically send flight plan updates to the Dynon Skyview system. Based on that second hand conversation I eagerly renewed my subscription while at KOSH. If there was some misunderstanding between Walter and my wingman, and there is no flight plan integration between Dynon and iFly, then I'll ask for a refund.
I am sure Walter knows what he's talking about, and I am sure that I do not: I don't have a Dynon system and so have zero first-hand knowledge. I just didn't recall any discussion about Dynon integration...but it might just not have made an imprint because I couldn't relate.

I apologize for any confusion there! (I have also updated my initial reply based on the info you provided in reply #11 below.)

Last edited:
I found the version 12.2.19 to be unusable in flight when connected to a Dynon Skyview system.

I renewed my iFly subscription at KOSH with the goal of using 12.2.19 on my 6 hour flight home to KPYM. I have an iPad mini running iPadOS 16.6

I recently removed my iFly 740B when I upgraded my panel to a Dynon Skyview HDX system. When I upgraded my panel, I switched to FlyQ so I could take advantage of their ability to transfer flight plans and charts, via WIFI, to my panel. I also have a subscription to their data manager.
My wingman visited the iFly booth at KOSH and suggested we try the new version of iFly EFB. After using FlyQ for 6 months, I was looking forward to trying iFly EFB.

12.2.19 looked good on the ground. I updated my charts and created a flight plan.

Some METARS were showing
GPS position froze again

Hi Mike, thanks for the detailed bug report. It's possible (likely?) that when we added Avidyne support that we caused Dynon to break, in which case the fix should be easy. It's been several years since we touched Dynon code. This'll float to the top of my todo list, for the coming week, and I may have a fix for you by Friday. I'll keep you posted.

HI Brian. I just received a call from my wingman, who's panel and iFly setup is identical to mine. He is testing in his hangar and has confirmed that the sharing of flight plans and updates works flawlessly. You could hear the excitement in his voice as the rubber band updates he was making on iFly were dynamically being sent to the Skyview system. So all good on that front. No actions required on your side.

I plan to reinstall iFly and conduct a series of tests next week so we can have some data points. Thanks again. I really want to make this work.

Mike D: Does your iPad have a GPS?* It only comes with the cellphone hardware--but
Yes it does. I’ve successfully used this ipad, with the non EFB iFly app, to drive my AP on my prior panel

Yes it does. I’ve successfully used this ipad, with the non EFB iFly app, to drive my AP on my prior panel
Er..."to drive your AP"? What do you mean by that?

Hi Mike, thanks for the detailed bug report. It's possible (likely?) that when we added Avidyne support that we caused Dynon to break, in which case the fix should be easy. It's been several years since we touched Dynon code. This'll float to the top of my todo list, for the coming week, and I may have a fix for you by Friday. I'll keep you posted.
Hi Brian -

Please also investigate the 2 iFly/Dynon interface issues I reported a few messages up as these are show stoppers.

Thanks so much!

Steve

"Driving" might not be the best word, Cobra, but it's in common use. iFlys have been driving my Dynon autopilot since the week I bought the 740. Connection is simple: you connect the NMEA data line on the GPS to the corresponding line on the Dynon and set the baud rate. Go flying.

(You might have to insert an off-the-shelf adaptor gizmo in between the two devices. I did that to get the old Lowrance 2000c GPS to "drive" the Dynon autopilot, so the 740 just plugged in and played.)

"Driving" might not be the best word, Cobra, but it's in common use. iFlys have been driving my Dynon autopilot since the week I bought the 740.
Of course I'm aware that the dedicated iFly devices can drive autopilots. Give me a little credit. 🤣

But re-read what I quoted above: He said his iPad was driving his autopilot. That's what's got me confused.

Cobra, sorry, I hadn't paid attention to that wording. Earlier there was some confusion in posts on the old forum about whether or not iPads were capable of NMEA connections. But that ended when several of us found that sailors have been using iPads to "drive" their yachts' autopilots for years.

Apologies for the confusion. My old setup was as such:
  • iPad on kneepad running iFly, used for sending flight plans to the 740B and served as my backup GPS
  • iFly 740B in panel with NMEA connection wired to my D-120
  • echoUAT ADSB in/out
  • iPad, echoUAT, 740B connected via WIFI for TIS-B and weather

My wingman and I spent some time testing flight plan sharing while in the hangar. The success of consistently being able to share flight plans & flight plan updates with Skyview was short lived. Sometimes we were able to get it to work while other times no joy. I attribute this issue and my prior experience with trying to use iFly EFB 12/.2.19 to the instability and performance of the Dynon Skyview HDX Wi-Fi. Dynon has been working on this issue for the better part of a year and just released a firmware upgrade that addresses multiple items including:
  • Improved: Wi-Fi stability and performance.
  • Improved: Wi-FI OFFLINE message now and on-screen message as well as existing audio alert.
I plan to upgrade my Dynon Skyview HDX firmware this weekend and retest and will provide an update. @Steve some of the issues you identified could have been caused by the instability of the Skview Wi-Fi.

Without some type of packet capture / tool that provides a f full view of the protocol stack that shows the conversation between the iPad <=> Skyview it's hard to pin point the problem. It could be a malformed message, non-responding application, dropped connection, ...... It could be an iOS, iFly and/or Dynon issue. Any suggestions as to what could be used to capture useful data would be appreciated.

Dynon Patch has been released here, ready for testing/validation:

https://iflygps.com/AndroidAPK

Install "DynonPatch-iFlyEFB-12.2.23.Android.apk".

The main fix here is Auto-Detect was fixed. Without this fix it was partially working, instead of full-failure, which caused more confusion.

Please test and post your bug reports to these forums. We do want this working 100%, if it's not.

After reinstalling iFly software and upgrading my Dynon Skyview System to the latest firmware, I still find release 12.2.19 unusable in flight. I was able to use it on the ground to preflight and share a flight plan with my Dynon Skyview system. However, once airborne, it was toast.

Anomalies were egregious. I.E. 6 miles after takeoff iFly is still showing me on the ground at KPYM. It was showing active traffic at KPYM.

GPS status indicator showed ADS-B. ADSB Status widget showed all orange checkmarks with the exception of FIS-B and Receiving Tower Count.

Resetting connections had no impact. After shutting down my panel and electrical system, the ADSB Status Widget was still reporting connected to Dynon Skyview with orange checkmarks!

Bug report submitted.

After reinstalling iFly software and upgrading my Dynon Skyview System to the latest firmware, I still find release 12.2.19 unusable in flight. I was able to use it on the ground to preflight and share a flight plan with my Dynon Skyview system. However, once airborne, it was toast.

Anomalies were egregious. I.E. 6 miles after takeoff iFly is still showing me on the ground at KPYM. It was showing active traffic at KPYM.

GPS status indicator showed ADS-B. ADSB Status widget showed all orange checkmarks with the exception of FIS-B and Receiving Tower Count.

Resetting connections had no impact. After shutting down my panel and electrical system, the ADSB Status Widget was still reporting connected to Dynon Skyview with orange checkmarks!

Bug report submitted.
Mike - I'm so sorry to hear this. I was hoping the new Dynon firmware update would fix all this since Dynon reportedly fixed their wifi stream. I have been having the exact symptoms you report. I updated the new Dynon firmware yesterday and also applied the iFly patch and planned to test fly it today but alas it's 106 degrees with DA 8000ft so I'll put if off till tomorrow...maybe!

@Mike D : Did you see Brian's reply from two days ago--right above yours--with a new beta release that is supposed to improve the Dynon performance? v12.9.23.

Today I tested beta version 12.2.24 in flight. This release fixes two Dynon integration bugs which were preventing iOS versions of iFlyEFB from working with Skyview systems. 12.2.24 is a tremendous improvement. Connection to my Skyview system was persistent, flight plans & flight plan updates were automatically shared, weather, traffic and moving map functions worked as expected.

The only squawk I had was that iFlyEFB was unable to display my magnetic heading. The instrument box remained blank. Bug report submitted.

Back